pro-96 with back feed noise

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnePcDoc

i had my pro-96 sitting on a table scanning like normal was listening to a trunking system started hear feed back like the person on the radio was getting mic feed back but when i turned the radio down it stopped so the next time it locked in on a station i turned the volume back up it started it again has anyone seen this

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
My first 96 did this. Very annoying. I took it back to the shack and they exchanged it no problem. My new 96 doesn't have that problem (knock on wood).

Al42

Something in the scanner is acting as a mic, picking up the sound from the speaker, feeding it back into the audio circuits. It happens.

VintageJon

Quiet so! SOmethig has gone microphonic. We usually see this with vacuum tubes, but we can rule those out!

I've seen coupling caps on rare occassion exhibit this problem.

Very rare to find microphonics in solid state stuff...

-Jon

drouse3

Maybe this will help

My pro-96 started doing this today. I used win96 and reloaded my scanner to correct my problem. I did have problems loading the scanner. It keep telling me wrong software to load scanner(on the scanner). Then it cleared my all my channels because it stopped during loading. After about three tries, It loaded and started working properly again.

This is not the first time my scanner has acted funny, But this problem was a first. I hope I do not have a Bad VCO like Dorpmuller said, but it think he has the right idea.

OnePcDoc said:
i had my pro-96 sitting on a table scanning like normal was listening to a trunking system started hear feed back like the person on the radio was getting mic feed back but when i turned the radio down it stopped so the next time it locked in on a station i turned the volume back up it started it again has anyone seen this

Status
Not open for further replies.