Pro-96 won't recieve any digital signals

Status
Not open for further replies.

awal

Hello,
I live in the DC area (Upper Marlboro, MD) and - my 96 just stopped getting digital transmissions (DCFD, MPD, MoCo). I normally get these transmissions clear as a bell. The only thing I get now is stuff real close to me (PGFD, PGPD) and even those have distortion. I think it may be time for a repair, however - I was wondering if anyone may have any suggestions.
Thanks in advance for your input.

Septa3371CSX1

Are you able to receieve weather band channels? It sounds like the problems you're having are similar to the ones I'm having with my Pro 97.

awal

I sure am having the same problems - thanks, I did not even think to check the weather band. I was really hoping this is software-related..it's strange, because i had it downtown DC just yesterday, and it was FINE - it was even getting encrypted stuff from USSS & FBI :)
As soon as I drove to the Maryland state line - BOOM - nothing.

The radio ain't been dropped or anything like that - this is wierd.......

Last edited:

Septa3371CSX1

Mine has been dropped numerous times (the case is proof positive). My problems pretty much started the same as yours. My problem looks like an antenna connection problem but I'm not sure.

n2mdk

awal said:
I sure am having the same problems - thanks, I did not even think to check the weather band. I was really hoping this is software-related..it's strange, because i had it downtown DC just yesterday, and it was FINE - it was even getting encrypted stuff from USSS & FBI :)
As soon as I drove to the Maryland state line - BOOM - nothing.

The radio ain't been dropped or anything like that - this is wierd.......

Sounds like it's time for a better antenna.

Status
Not open for further replies.