Pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpg705

Member
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
3
Location
ocean county nj
I purchased a PRO-96 scanner 2 weeks ago because I new my hometown fequencies were changed over to digital,i have spent a small fortune trying to figure out how to program this scannerI even brought the win 96 program for this scanner,i hope some one out here can start me off on the right foot on programing my 96 because all i am hereing right now is mobiles & not the base units all I here from the base units are squeals & distortion I am totally confused on trying to program this scanner,if all else fails are there professional programers out here that can program the 2 frequencies I am interested in,yes you heard right jus to frequencies is all i need.....
 

hoser147

Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
4,452
Location
Grand Lake St. Marys Ohio
You have the radio and Win 96 now all you really need is a Premium subscription to Radio Reference and it will be easy to program the system you want to monitor, the subscription here makes it a breeze to download directly from the database here.............Hoser
 

Highpockets

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
3,801
Location
New Jersey
jpg705 said:
I purchased a PRO-96 scanner 2 weeks ago because I new my hometown fequencies were changed over to digital,i have spent a small fortune trying to figure out how to program this scannerI even brought the win 96 program for this scanner,i hope some one out here can start me off on the right foot on programing my 96 because all i am hereing right now is mobiles & not the base units all I here from the base units are squeals & distortion I am totally confused on trying to program this scanner,if all else fails are there professional programers out here that can program the 2 frequencies I am interested in,yes you heard right jus to frequencies is all i need.....
What town in ocean county? Your PD may be encrypted, you won't be able to monitor them.
 

hoser147

Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
4,452
Location
Grand Lake St. Marys Ohio
It is possible as Highpockets stated that the system is encrypted, sounds like the base may run encryption. Is there an E behind your PD in the database? May be a good question for your state forum............hoser
 

Highpockets

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
3,801
Location
New Jersey
hoser147 said:
It is possible as Highpockets stated that the system is encrypted, sounds like the base may run encryption. Is there an E behind your PD in the database? May be a good question for your state forum............hoser
In database it say apco25, I asked admin to add a column like the trunked system have to enter next to mode to enter D - Digital, E - Encrypted, M - Mixed Enc/Digital, no answer yet, I think it would help!
 

hoser147

Member
Joined
Dec 17, 2005
Messages
4,452
Location
Grand Lake St. Marys Ohio
Highpockets said:
In database it say apco25, I asked admin to add a column like the trunked system have to enter next to mode to enter D - Digital, E - Encrypted, M - Mixed Enc/Digital, no answer yet, I think it would help!
Thats how it is in the database for Ohio. Atleast on the talkgroups. E for encrypted. You would think they all would be the same. Hoser
 

Highpockets

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
3,801
Location
New Jersey
hoser147 said:
Thats how it is in the database for Ohio. Atleast on the talkgroups. E for encrypted. You would think they all would be the same. Hoser
NJ has it for trunked systems, not conventional frequencies. How about Ohio?
 

Highpockets

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
3,801
Location
New Jersey
hoser147 said:
Not on the conventional freqs either.............Just the trunked systems under Mode. At least I havent seen one.........Hoser
Oh Well, I guess it's up to Lindsay, more and more PD's in NJ are going Digital on conventional, and encrypting, we'll see if he agrees!
 

N8IAA

Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
6,905
Location
Fortunately, GA
jpg705 said:
I purchased a PRO-96 scanner 2 weeks ago because I new my hometown fequencies were changed over to digital,i have spent a small fortune trying to figure out how to program this scannerI even brought the win 96 program for this scanner,i hope some one out here can start me off on the right foot on programing my 96 because all i am hereing right now is mobiles & not the base units all I here from the base units are squeals & distortion I am totally confused on trying to program this scanner,if all else fails are there professional programers out here that can program the 2 frequencies I am interested in,yes you heard right jus to frequencies is all i need.....
Ocean County has three CC's of 506.6875, 506.8375, and 508.4375. I do not know if the 96 trunk tracks these frequencies. You may have to take back the 96 and get a PSR 500 or Uniden 396. The cities in the county are conventional frequencies with PL or DPL. What are the two frequencies that need to be programmed?? We will help you with the programming. I do own a 96.
Larry
 
Last edited:

jpg705

Member
Joined
May 3, 2008
Messages
3
Location
ocean county nj
854.5125 - 809.5125 # 1(Berkley Township) NJ 471.8750 #1 (Toms River NJ)
854.38750 -80938750 # 2(Berley Township) NJ 471.4750 #2 (Toms River NJ) HI,thanx for trying to hep me out I really do appreciate it.......jerry
 

n2mdk

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Messages
2,448
Location
Ames, IA
Simply program in 845.5125 and 854.3875 they are simply conventional frequencies and mode should be FM. If they are digital as listed APCO-25 they will decode unless they are encrypted as well. Make sure no tone or tone search is set.
 

Highpockets

Member
Joined
Dec 31, 2003
Messages
3,801
Location
New Jersey
jpg705 said:
854.5125 - 809.5125 # 1(Berkley Township) NJ 471.8750 #1 (Toms River NJ)
854.38750 -80938750 # 2(Berley Township) NJ 471.4750 #2 (Toms River NJ) HI,thanx for trying to hep me out I really do appreciate it.......jerry
Right now, Toms River is base encrypting 99% and most of the cars. Berkeley Twp base is encrypting 99% and some of the cars.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top