Pro 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

ks4ui

I have a Radio Shack Pro 96 and I am trying to use it to receive calls on the Macomb County Michigan 800 simulcast system. The system was recently rebanded and my scanner is only receiving choppy and distorted audio. Guessing I need to update the firmware as I cannot find anything in my current software that allows me to tell the radio to use rebanded frequencies. Am I on the right track?

puzzleriddle

What software ya using. should be 1 in most of the software i6 & arc96... this for reband info and trunking tables to enter

Last edited:

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
The last firmware version for the Pro 96 was 1.4 which could be gotten here : RadioShack.com It is the 2007-02-20 Pro 96 and 2096 Digital Trunking Scanner file. Note you have to have pc to scanner cable in order to upgrade your scanner. I don't know what version you have(and I hope you have the cable :p ) in your Pro 96(I have a Pro 2096 and I think I will need to see what version I got myself LOL

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
To reband the PRO-96 you will need a USB-serial cable (the RS one as shown in our wiki, or the GRE equivalent if you can find it), and either Win96 or ARC96. There are 2 articles in our wiki that show you how to do it manually

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

ARC96 - The RadioReference Wiki

and the bottom of...

Win96 - The RadioReference Wiki

although to be honest, if you're using the MPSCS, since it's a P25 system, the database flag wasn't set - you may need to use the above instructions manually. I'm sure someone in the Michigan forum can help steer you straight there.

But there's a simpler solution. Since you are a premium subscriber if you were to download data from the databases, you will find that either app will set the tables up for you.

If you want to get the latest firmware/DSP (which has nothing to do with rebanding, unlike the Uniden scanners), see the fourth topic of

PRO-96 FAQ - The RadioReference Wiki

Mike

[edit] Looks like someone beat me to it...too slow, I guess.

Last edited:

ks4ui

pro 96

Thanks everyone, think I can take it from here, I have a programming cable and Pro96 software so all I have to do is tell the scanner to use the new rebanded tables.

If that does not work I will also try the manual method perhaps its time to order a new radio eh?

Ronaldski

MI DB Admin
Database Admin
Thanks everyone, think I can take it from here, I have a programming cable and Pro96 software so all I have to do is tell the scanner to use the new rebanded tables.

If that does not work I will also try the manual method perhaps its time to order a new radio eh?

Again as I stated in my post you dont need, nor should you use reband tables. I see your a premium subscriber, just download from the database with your software.

Status
Not open for further replies.