PRO-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

caper3940

Premium Subscriber
Cool Ed, I am wanting to update my frequencies through the data cable to my laptop, and using this site , and I use pro96.com program, I need help though

EdwinAnthony

Premium Subscriber
I have not updated my Pro-96 via the cable/computer. In fact, I just purchased the cable @ radio shack with the adapta-plug. When Delaware rebanded in July; I just entered the new frequencies and its running just fine! I've had this scanner since they first came out and its ony been turned off a few times to hit the reset when changing over batteries. It's a Die Hard.....Lol

As far as the Linkage to the Computer, I may not be able to help since I've never ever had to us that route to program frequencies. When I bought the cable/accessories a few weeks ago, I thought about updating the firmware but I'm alittle hesitate since its been such an excellent performer> Plus I just purchased this BCD536 that I've been playing with.......

baybum

Ed, I have a 96 also and use it when I visit Lewes. Don't change a thing. I haven't upgraded mine and it still works fine everywhere I go in Md. and the Delaware beaches.

I wish they would go back to this type of scanner with the individual banks.

Mike

N8IAA

Cool Ed, I am wanting to update my frequencies through the data cable to my laptop, and using this site , and I use pro96.com program, I need help though

Pro96com is not programming software, Win96 is. And the cable you posted will work with that program.
Larry

Nasby

The PRO-96 was a great scanner back in the day.
I had one and loved it
But it is sorely lacking in features and coverage by today's new radio systems.

lehigh4me

Premium Subscriber
I have never used Pro96Com software, but I had a Pro-96 and still have a Pro-2096. I use Win96 from Starrsoft.com. Never had any problems with Win96
I would think that if you have the right com port settings and speed, it should work. Is it giving you any error messages on radio or on the program?

N8IAA

Still can't put the frequencies to my scanner, with cable. Darn

Are you using Win96? Are you using the USB cable without the stereo to mono jumper? Are you plugging the stereo end of the cable into the PCIF jack on the side of the scanner and not into the earphone plug? Are you making sure the scanner is on before starting up the software so the computer can see it?
Lots of small things that can cause the scanner not to see the software.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.