pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

sflyersguy

anyone have any idea how to program digital trucking of like philly fire. any help at all would be great i am clueless about trunking

rpowley

Programming digital is the same as analog. Follow the Programming Aid especially the part on trunking. For the Philly part, you might split the 2 sites into 2 separate banks (see Database)
Good Luck

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
sflyersguy said:
anyone have any idea how to program digital trucking of like philly fire. any help at all would be great i am clueless about trunking
This Pro-96 Cheat Sheet may help and use this Philadelphia page as source for data. For the fire department use site 1 and only program the two red control frequencies. Then move to the Storing Known Talkgroup ID's and enter those for zone 1. You can tag them at the same time. You can use another bank if desired and program site 2 but use the PD talkgroups. You also have room in other banks for Montgomery and Bucks Counties as well as adjoining counties on the other side of the river.

However, Win96 from http://www.starrsoft.com/ is the way to go.

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
BTW, V-Scanner 5 has the Philly fire system, except they left out one of the CC's, though a V-Scanner 5b was available for later scanners with this problem corrected.

To bring this folder into the working folder press as follows:
PGM
FUNC
PGM
ENTER
ENTER (wait for completion)
ENTER
CLR

Then press 0, 1, 2, 3, 4. 5, 6, 7, & 8 to lock those banks out for scanning Philly in bank 9.

R Powley, we posted nearly the same info at nearly the same time. :lol:

Last edited:

sflyersguy

pro96

so all i do is hit program, type in the red frequency in to different channals then enter the 3 4 or 5 digit dec #

VintageJon

No experience with Philly, but Win96 and RR Subscrition changed my Scanning Life for the better here in Central Texas. You think you are addicted now? Just wait til you get this...

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED for any Pro96 owner. Mmmmmuuuuuuuuhhhhhhh! Meaningful Alpha Tags! Enter freqs and talk groups on computer and download to scanner. Tastey!!!

73's,
Jon

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
sflyersguy said:
so all i do is hit program, type in the red frequency in to different channals then enter the 3 4 or 5 digit dec #
Yes, if you went through Step 4. Press MODE until Motorola is displayed. (from the cheat sheet).

BTW, after step 6 on the first frequency, you can give the frequency an Alpha Tag by pressing TEXT. Then using the reference letters under the numbered keys, text in PHILLY CC 01 and press ENTER. Do the same for the second freq except replace 01 with 02.

Same with ID Alpha Tags, text in a name after pressing ENTER for each ID numbered entered. With the Alpha Tags, line 4 will show the Tag instead of the ID number during coms.

sflyersguy

pro96

is there anyway to search for digital frequency or do i have to know it. and if i can search it how do i. and will i need to know talk groups or will they find them automaticly

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Added TG info

The Philly system is using digital in most (if not all) talkgroups. View the Database page previously provided and note the letter D under Mode for the TG's. Also, a few may have the letter E which means encrypted.

At the bottom of the RR database page you will find retrievable pages (new enhancement) of world wide P25 (digital) conventional freqs and a growing list of P25 9600 baud Trunking systems. Also a new enhancement numerical SysID listing of Mot trunking systems, which includes a pdf download if desired.

will i need to know talk groups or will they find them automaticly

If scanning in OPEN Mode, any TG used by the system will activate and display on line 4 when used. If previously programmed into the scanner it may have a Tag instead of the number. If scanning in CLOSED Mode, only those TG's programmed and unlocked will cause the scanner to activate.

Toggle OPEN/CLOSED Mode by pressing FUNC + 5 and note the change of +/- under the line 1 bank number. Also, Line 4 will temp display Bank OPEN or CLOSED.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.