pro-96

Status
Not open for further replies.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
No...

RS has a package the comes with software and a cable; that is not the correct cable for any recent GRE built scanners.

If your RS is trying to market the software they are supposed to be using (ScanCat Lite), run (don't walk) away. ScanCat Lite, does not work properly on the 96/2096 although it will work kind-of but you will be losing a lot if you try and use it.

Buy the new RS USB programming cable (20-047) or if you have a serial port and can find it the now discontinued RS Serial cable (20-289) and then download Win96 from Starrsoft.com.

jeffrey420

sflyersguy said:
at radioshack the cd and cable to program pro-96 scanners, is the software anygood

If it is the USB cable for the pro96 the only thing on the cd is the driver for the in cable serial to USB converter. Plus it contains the product manual. Software for programing is seperate, and I would suggest win96 over scancat lite.

TES

From the Starrsoft.com website:

*Be sure you don't get 20-048. Contrary to what anybody may have told you, catalog #20-048, both software and cable, will NOT work with the 92/93/95/96/97/99/2067/2053/2096*

viscid240

yup, before I searched I fell victim to that "package" i'm looking right at it, it comes with a black cable. I later found the correct cable and purchased one, and am using win96.

sflyersguy

win96

i tried to get win96 but it keeps saying declined, why. i did hit the word back didnt mean to, how can i still get this program

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
Who is saying declined, and where is the word 'back'?

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
sflyersguy said:
when i click on summit it says decliced.
Your description of the error you get makes no sense in context. It may make lots of sense to you, but unless we are in your head, what you provide is inadequate to answer your question.

Restate your entire problem and then read it before you submit the post and imagine you don't have any idea of what the problem is before you read it because we sure don't.

TES

sflyersguy said:
when i click on summit it says decliced.

*When I click on submit it says declined*

If my translation to English is correct, I suggest you try another credit card. It seems to me as though the credit card processor used by Starrsoft.com does not like your credit card.

Status
Not open for further replies.