Pro 96 !!!???

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnk1102

Ok folks, this has probably neen covered somewhere but I can't find it and I'm running low on time and patience!!! LOL I just got the Pro 96 on Tuesday. Now I have the regular stuff programed in for Philla., PA and so on and so forth. My problem is that while I have experience with the PHilly stuff because I used to work there. I can't figure out my surrounding suburbs. Bucks Co.has several different "Zones" and I would like to figure out which zones are where, and then be able to lable them, Bensalem, Lower SouthHampton, and so forth, but I can't figure who is where. Is there any way to do this and then change the label name in the scanner. I'm also looking for Montgomery county stuff and then be able to do the same thing with that. I have the USB cable and software. I'm not sure even i figured out how to program certain freq.s, how to get them to "trunk" properly. Well, if I'm asking too much I'm sorry but I just want to work the darn thing for what it;s worth
Any help is appreciated
Thanx in advance
Daniel Burch (KB3QLM)

hoser147

Hey cant help ya much on your area stuff but......do yourself a favor and check out Starrsoft, Win 96 and a premium subscription here at RR and you will be able to program anything you want from the database here in a matter of seconds.............Hope this helps Hoser

hoser147

Check out the WiKi for info on the 96 there is a link on the top bar^^# PRO-96 FAQ
# Programming Shortcut Pro-96 are both in there with a wealth of other information. Hoser

dnk1102

Perhaps Clyde missed my (LOL) after my "running low on patience" statement. I'm really not all that hyper about it, after working for the Phila. Police Dept. for 13 years. I'm just trying to figure out how the counties are splitting the Frequencies that are listed. Such as Bucks County, PA is listed as zones 1 thru 6 or 7. But that doesn't help me, I'm trying to figure out instead of zones, what townships are what freqs. I'm also trying to figure out how to store the banks of freqs. and then also get the trunk thing to work. I'll get it figured out eventually. But thank you for the info provided so far. I have the Win 96 installed and that's what I'm trying to use.
I appreciate the quick responses!!
DAN

hoser147

Dan, I believe that all you really need is the premium subscriber here at RR. for the money its a great value. Then you can load everything into your scanner direct from the database. Do you have the USB cable for your scanner? Hoser

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Dan the Phillyscanner Yahoo group would be a big help to you insofar as figuring out zones, townships and so forth. There's also an EBook (PDF format) written by Joe Cardani that might also be very useful to you. It's available thru Scanner Master. Best supplement to the database.

73s Mike

N1BHH

I did thoroughly read your question, and I did note your LOL. I am not down there as you can see from my profile in the upper right hand of my post. I was pointing you in the direction I gave to allow you to research what the frequencies/zones are by yourself. You can usually figure out that towns may use a zone by their location in relation to the zone. If town "X" is nearest to zone "3" for example, they will be more than likely on that zone.

The frequencies of a trunked system really don't matter much, as long as you have the control channel. The communities don't really use the frequencies, they are assigned through the trunked system controller, very complicated stuff which I won't go into.

Near the top of that Bucks County system you will see System 1, 2, 3 and 4. Since 3 is not shown as on the air, then you have 3 to choose from. But since this is information from 2002 it may be outdated. Do you know of anybody in your area who also scans for a hobby? They would be a good source, as will a radio shop guy who can be the best source of information. Maybe there are people in your area who can pinpoint it for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.