Pro 97 and CC trunking only

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buttonville

I cant seem to find out how ( Read manual to no avail ) to get the Pro97 to Trunk Control Channel Only Mode.

I have a Uniden , and CC only Mode is very simple to do on that model I have , the 97 I just cant find it...

Im sure its something I overlooked , or mis read...

Any help would be very kind...

Thank you

SCPD

QRT
As per page 65 , The pro97 can't do CC trunking, says to program ALL frequencies in?.. I thought it was posisble also tho.

Last edited:

n2mdk

The Pro-97 on Motorola systems is basically a control channel only scanner you don't have to put it into CC only mode. It doesn't actually pay attention to the other frequencies unless the CC changes. Just program in all the CC's or alternate ones.
This is what it says on page 65

Your PRO-97 automatically calculates Motorola voice
channel frequencies when it decodes the control channel.
This eliminates the need to enter all the Motorola group
frequencies.
The control channels are subject to change depending on the
day. Therefore enter all the control frequencies in the same
bank. If you do not know which is the control channel, it is
better to enter all the system frequencies into the same bank.

Buttonville

Thank you guys very much !!

I had read too , that all you need was the cc...however the manual drops off there...

None the less , thats exactly the info I was looking for ....I want to do cc only , because I lost my programing cable when I moved for a new job.

So this BS , of programing by hand makes you understand things alot more , but when it came to TEXT tags I said NO WAY LOL ( anyone got a cable for sale ?? )

Thank you again!!

Buttonville

I thought Id also post after I added in all my CC for a MOT system where my QTH is..from the time I said thank you...I am currently in OPEN MODE , on this Trunk System...WOW that was fast guys , cant say thx enough...if you req aviation info , be glad to help.

Thx..< GRIN >

n2mdk

No problem, I'm still a fan of putting in all the frequencies just in case there is some oddball CC change.

Buttonville

JERI : I agree ....this was just to see if I could with the 97 , and further to see if I wanted to monitor a
large system, with many freqs to add in.

So far , I think I will add in the rest of the voice freqs, as you said in case..I do always leave my 97 in open mode in case some odd ball Talk Group is used.

Thank you so much !!

Status
Not open for further replies.