PRO-97 backlight squelch control?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosgt

I am sitting here looking at my PRO-97, locked on my local PD channel.
The backlight goes on with a transmission, then goes off a few seconds later.
I didn't think this scanner was able to do this.
Is this a setting, is it the power saving? I don't think I know how I set this, but it is doing it.
Probably not in scan mode?
Thanks

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
It only does it when it's in manual mode on one channel. Its the power save option. You can't turn it off either. It doesn't do it in scan mode though.

Bentley

I never knew that feature exsisted. How do you go about turning that on? Or is it an automatic feature. If I turn the backlight on (press and hold till it beeps) and leave it on one channel (man) it will do this automatically?

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Someone had mentioned earlier you can turn that power save message off if you press like the "PGM" program key once while holding a freq. This would clear the screen from the power save and I've not seen it go back into power save mode while I've done this.

I can't get the backlight to come on while in a manual mode on a conv freq though with or without the power save feature active.

tspainiv

Shelby Co DB Admin
Database Admin
You have to manually turn the backlight on with this scanner, push and hold till it beeps to keep it on all the time. It doesn't have an automatic setting to light when squelch is broken like the unidens do.

It goes into power save mode when stopped on a frequency. It just happens to light back up when squelch is broken, but it won't do it while scanning.

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Ah ok. Yeah I had no one ever previosuly mention this scanner had that ability. Thanks for sharing it!

nyscan

So...When scanning there is only 2 options for the backlight, on or off? Can't be set to go on when an active signal is received?

Dubbin

Feed Provider
nyscan said:
Can't be set to go on when an active signal is received?

Correct

Now I need to type more because the word correct does not have 10 or more characters...

scosgt

The point it

Sometimes I monitor a freq at at very low volume setting. The backlight would serve as an alert that the channel is active (and I could turn up the volume a bit, hold the unit to my ear etc).
I also have a job issued Moto HT70 on a different freq. The backlight alerts me as to which radio is actually transmitting.
Question answered?

tatertot1 said:
Whats the point? If it only does it in manual mode, then why would you need the light at all....you should know what channel you are on.

Status
Not open for further replies.