Pro-97 Charging question.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

clipse

I recently got a Pro-97 and I have a question about the internal battery charger. Is it a smartcharger that will shutoff when the batteries are charged completely? I put 4 Sanyo 2500mAH AA's in it and the day before yesterday they were pretty warm after being in the scanner and plugged in over night. Then last night I checked and they were still warm but not as warm.

BTW, this is my first scanner and IT IS AWESOME!!!!! Granted I don't have anything to compare it too. I got the Win97 program was had the scanner programmed just the way I wanted it in no time. I still have add the conservation department frequecies though.

SCPD

QRT
No it does not. You should use a charger like maha to charge the batteries for best results and to avoid any damage to your batteries.

Last edited:

Halfpint

Slightly NE of the People's Republic of Firestone
Nope. Nothing `smart' about the charging circuit in the PRO-97. It's just a very simple basic trickle charging circuit built out of the cheapest parts the `bean counters' could force upon the engineers/designers. Your best bet if you want to get a good full charge into those batteries is to get yourself a decent quality external charger and use that.

(In my `best?' Maxwell Smart voice... {VB GRIN!}) Sorry about that, Chief.

Just an `Olde Fart's' 2¢ worth.

Status
Not open for further replies.