pro-97 degradation

Status
Not open for further replies.

disobvious

Has anyone experianced a slow degradation of the performance of their pro-97? Mine has been picking up less and less over a 4 week period and now will hardly pick up anything at all. Tried stock ant. the RS 800mhz ant. and a thru glass car. The scanner does not perform as well as it used to with any of them. Thinking about taking it back to the shack, see if I can talkthem into an exchange, I only bought about 4 months ago and got a double length warrenty because I bought the display unit. (It was the only one they had in stock that day, but I figure this shack is slow on buisness and I imagine this unit has just sat there under that glass without being used.) Anyway just wondering if anyone had seen a prob like this so I would sound informed when I go try for replacement.

disobvious

Have had the same rechargables in it since new, has the same performance on batts or external supply. Have 3 wall bricks I use with it in different locations and a car plug. No noticable difference across any of them.

Chris0381

Have you removed the leaves from your trees? Just a suggestion as this affects my digital TV immensly

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
be sure center pin on antennas is fitting snug enough in scanner jack. i noticed a loss of sensitivity on my 97 so, i took a pointed awl type tool and gently, pryed each half of the slot the center pin goes into in toward center for tighter fit of center pin and problem was solved. i've had to do that with several different scanners over the years. might be worth checking. good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.