Pro-97 Display Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jwheatley

I just thought that I would let everyone know that my sister's Pro-97 display has gone out on her. She bought her's at the same time I bought my Pro-2055. Her 97 did the exact same thing that my 2055 did (see the Pro-2055 Display Problem thread). She is going to take it and have it sent in for repair.

Hopefully this is an isolated incident and no one else has any problems.

cristisphoto

You can replace that yourself in minutes
I had I swear a defective faceplate
Or as they call it Front case assembly htat wore off in to=wo weeks that I had it
Well
They would NOT even exchange it for me..
Sooo I bought the part for twenty bucks took it apart and replaced it my self
That was last September
ANd I have had NO Further Problems
The LCD part in on strip hooked to Board that is attached to another Board in which the Batteries Lie...
IF they do exchange it
then remember next time GO Uniden
They are SO much more repsonsible
Th BCD396T which I bought apparentky had the SAME faceplate issue
They recalled them and replaced at NO cost to the buyer or dealers...
AND because my model was a late shipped unit I NEVER had that faceplate issue
ON MY BCD396T
SOO let this be a lesson to ya.. LOL
anyways
Hope I Helped
Warm Regards
Crista

rescue1017

I bought my pro97 this afternoon got it home fired it up and within 2 min the display went out I can`t understand why they would sell something that cost that much just to get it home and the display goes out I am not a happy camper at this point now I have to drive about an hour just to see if they will replace it:mad:

tmnewman

Pro-97 Display Out

I just learned that the display went out on a PR0-97 I bought for my Dad in March, 2006. It has the 07A05 date code. After awhile the display sometimes can be seen very faintly. The radio works fine otherwise. I guess I'll be taking it in for warranty service. Anyone else's PRO-97 display going out, similar to the PRO-2055 problem?

hsdtech

I bought mine last September. Never had any problems whatsoever. I guess there is a newer batch that have this problem. I am pretty sure as long as you keep your receipt that you can get a refund within 30 days.

Status
Not open for further replies.