Pro 97 display

Status
Not open for further replies.

d_strong

Help i turned on my Pro 97 this morning the audio works great but the display doesn't work at all, but the backlite stills works. I have tried 2 diferent sets of batteries with no luck. Thanks

jeffrey420

d_strong said:
Help i turned on my Pro 97 this morning the audio works great but the display doesn't work at all, but the backlite stills works. I have tried 2 diferent sets of batteries with no luck. Thanks

Oh No! Not the 97 now too. I know the 2055 has had issues with the displays, and there are several post here.

What is the date code on this one? It should be in the battery compartment.

Keep us posted!

jeffrey420

Well, one good thing its still under warranty. They will probably send it out for service.

Good Luck!

P.S. Have you tried doing a reset?

Chris0381

Its about time we get better (longer) warranties with our products if all you do is use it under normal conditions and then it craps out on ya due to faulty manufacturing.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
d_strong said:

Before you *panic* and send it in for repair, did you check the contrast settings? If you have Win97 you can do it from there.

jeffrey420

DaveIN said:
Before you *panic* and send it in for repair, did you check the contrast settings? If you have Win97 you can do it from there.

Would that have even changed from one use to the next?

And if so why?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
With the right combination of button pushes maybe, but I'd check before sending out for repair just for a sanity check.

jeffrey420

DaveIN said:
With the right combination of button pushes maybe, but I'd check before sending out for repair just for a sanity check.

It wouldn't hurt anything to double check I agree.

d_strong

Thanks

Thanks for all the input. I checked all the settings twice in win97 and reset scanner with no luck. I ended up taking the scanner to the local radioshack store they are sending out free of charge and free repair since it's still under the 1 year warranty. This is the first time i've every had this happen to me. The salesman said that it should be back in 7 to 10 days from the repair center. If it takes longer than 30 days i'll get a new unit. 73's

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Sorry to hear about the 97 display problems. Hopefully it won't be another problem like the 2055's.

rpowley

DaveIN said:
Sorry to hear about the 97 display problems. Hopefully it won't be another problem like the 2055's.
Agreed - A lot of folks had a horrible time with the displays on the 2055 - It took me a couple of days of going to different stores to find one with a "good" date code. Love my 2055 - Jury still out on the PRO-97 so far, even with a good display.

d_strong

Follow up

FYI
This is how i made out with RadioShack regarding the bad display on my Pro 97. They sent it out on 7/14/06 they recieved it at the service center on 7/17/06. According to my service invoice it was fixed on 7/27/06. They replaced the LCD display with a new one $17.08 and the labor was $ 49.00 total cost $ 66.08. But since it was still under the 1 year warranty it was free. The repair work has a 90 day warranty from the service center. The only downside was that i had to reprogram the frequenices thank god for the Win97 software. 73's

Status
Not open for further replies.