Pro-97 is a pos

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue1017

I need help I cannot get the talk groups to scan all it will do is scan the normal channels that are put in can anyone help me before I get rid of this POS and do away with scanning altogether who every wrote the maunal for this scanner needs to be shot

bonus1331

I will be happy to take that POS off your hands. Sent it to me and I'll even pay for shipping!
PM if your interested in giving it to me;-)

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
rescue1017 said:
I just don`t understand why my talk groups don`t show up like my Pro-90

Because it's much more advanced than an older scanner. I should know, I bought a 90 the 1st month it came out.

bwhite

Premium Subscriber
Is the system you are monitoring motorola or edacs, gotta have this set right.
If edacs, gotta enter the frequencies in a specific order.
Did you enter the frequencies while in trunk mode? if not, things will work kinda like
you describe. (Had this problem myself on a Uniden model, you think you are in trunk mode and ......well, you're not).
Address these 3 and you should be successful.
Once the above are in correctly, just hit Search while trunking the bank to
make sure you get hits and the talkgroup info displays. If a frequency displays
you aren't setup right.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
rescue1017 said:
I just don`t understand why my talk groups don`t show up like my Pro-90
Because you didn't program it correctly.
Now, the manual may not be the best, but it certainly is good enough if you follow the steps. But there are others in the same boat, some have used this page to help them.

But before you head off to there, let me ask you to try this:
  • Put your scanner in <MAN> mode on the bank you have programmed the TRS in.
  • Press the <PRG> button.
  • Press the <TRUNK> button.
  • If the display says "Not Trunked" then press the <MODE> button until the proper type
    comes into the display. Press <SCAN> and go.

Edit: Hmm, scnnr was that link there before I started typing...I must be getting old...

dune614

I had a similar problem with mine, do yourself a favor and a drop a little extra coin and get the interface kit from RS and win97 and upgrade to premium subscriber. It may seem like a large investment, but in the long run, you'll be better off and keep your hair. Mine almost found itself on the side of the highway before I finally broke down and cashed in. Best of luck.

scnnr

Edit: Hmm, scnnr was that link there before I started typing...I must be getting old...

Yea, I have been using that link lately for reference when trying to help out folks.

As for getting old, :p Lou, I beleve you are around the same age as me,, so I guess so:(

Randy

Status
Not open for further replies.