PRO 97 MOT TypeII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottyuboat

I can't get any voice on through. I have all control and other frequencies in one exclusive bank. I have deleted all but the RED control freqs as a second measure. All channels set to MOT, Bank set to MOT. And Bank set to open. The control freq reaches 99% and shows TGID but when I scan I get only scrambled sounding Data. I am using Burlington County, NJ frequencies from this site, and have succesfully gotten trunked systems to work, NJSP for instance works fine. Any one else have a problem like this before? Thanks

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If we're talking about this system...

http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=1320

The PRO-97 will not handle any talkgroups marked 'D'. These are digital, and you will need a digital trunktracker (such as the PSR500 or BC396) to copy them. The other talkgroups may be analog, and those the 97 will handle. Make sure you have ALL the control channels, and program the required offsets. Someone that has Win97 can, I'm sure, point you in the right direction

73 Mike

pogbobo

Septa3371CSX1 said:
Burlington County, New Jersey is a digital trunk system. You won't be able to hear anything on it with a Pro 97.

its a Motorola type 2 system with digital talk groups ... big difference

Scotty ... enter in and lock out all the digital talk groups listed in the database, and make sure you have the base/step/offset info entered in

let us know if they still have any analog talk groups left lol ... last time I was in NJ they did and I could hear them fine (with my pro97) once I locked out the digital TGs ...

Last edited:

Scottyuboat

Digital!?$$%$#$

I did not notice the D frequencies until now, I'll try to enter them and lock them out, I seem to remember the top table(apparently marked without a D) ID's showing up in the control freq and not being able to hear them either. I do have the tables set, forgot to mention that, sorry. Guess I know what to ask for for Christmas now.... :) Thanks all for the help with this

N1BHH

Scottyuboat said:
I did not notice the D frequencies until now, I'll try to enter them and lock them out, I seem to remember the top table(apparently marked without a D) ID's showing up in the control freq and not being able to hear them either. I do have the tables set, forgot to mention that, sorry. Guess I know what to ask for for Christmas now.... :) Thanks all for the help with this

Don't even bother entering any system that is exclusively digital unless you have a digital capable radio, it just wastes space in a radio you could occupy with other analog frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.