pro 97 Motrola II trunk programming I am missing somthing doing somthing wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read several how to, and my man. but am missing something. never programmed to trunk track have been trying but always just get control chan.data audio and scanner opens up on control chan. the system i am trying to program is as follows.
867.87500c Primary control Ch.
867.36250a Secondary control Ch.

Talk group (examples only)

N8IAA

Knowing you are new, what system are you trying to program? State, county, city? Only way we can give you a good answer.
Larry

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
It would be much more helpful to know exactly WHAT system you're trying to program and where you are (county/state will do). Our database is available to everyone - look under the site title in the blue toolbar.

We can start with a couple of references that might help...

Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual

Programming Shortcut Pro-97 - The RadioReference Wiki

I don't own a 97, but at a guess I'd say you're not programming this as a trunked system...HTH...Mike

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-97 and trunk tracking

You are probably getting control channel data for 1 of 2 reasons:

1) You set the channel to AM, FM, CT or DC rather than the trunk type. You must set the mode of all frequencies in the trunk to the trunk type. ALSO you must set the mode of the BANK to match.

2) You must have the scanner in SCAN mode. From the frequencies you enter, the scanner will determine which one is the active control channel. It will then monitor that to determine TG data and what voice channel to switch to. But, again, only in SCAN mode.

If you want to hear the control channel, then go to MAN mode and park on it. This is helpful to determine which frequency is presently the active control channel and what its decode % is on the display. I like to see a decode % above 50% (you ideally want 99%).

ka3jjz Thanks for the reply I have found and tried the Programming Shortcut Pro-97 - The RadioReference Wiki but I am still missing some element in the process that makes it all work I believe I have a good understanding of radio systems as this is was my main Army MOS and can't seem to figure it out any ideas will be greatly accepted Thanks.

gmclam, I think tou may be on to something. I think i set the Ch. in the bank to trunk but not the bank itself not sure. gona try to fig out how to check thanks

Thank you

Thanks everyone was a newbie mistake gmclam hit it the first time I had the bank set to trunk but was leaving the Ch's set to FM rec. mode not MO Problem solved THANKS ALL!!!!

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Thanks to you for pointing out the missing step in the cheat sheet. I've modified both the 97's and 2055's sheets to include that missing detail

Mike

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Not to be too much of a wet blanket, but the OP is talking about a Pro-97 and the system he is trying to monitor has undergone rebanding with some of the frequencies (from his initial post) clearly channels the Pro-97 will not support. Although the radio will appear to work, it will miss some of the communications because it will go to the wrong frequency on all the LCNs from 440 through 559.

To the OP: Read the three sections in our wiki starting here.

Status
Not open for further replies.