Pro 97 Needs repair, who does it and where?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markappleman

I have a Pro 97 radio shack scanner. Its not scanning from what it appears. I live in Toronto, Ontario, Canada ive been to Radioworld and Durham radio both places have told me no they won't fix it for me. I saw in another forum on hear that its something to do with the "BNC antenna holder and the inside board is loose or broken." It still scans but it doesn't pick up allot. I go into my menu and it says "None" on whatever channel its scanning. Id like it repaired but where?

n5ims

markappleman

Thanks for the information about radioshack. On the canadian side of the border our radioshacks became "The Source" unforchantly they don't sell the Radioshack scanners. I will try emailing a Radio Shack in the US.

Thanks.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Also, the BNC problem would affect your reception, not your ability to scan. (I'm not sure if you're able to scan, or not, based on what you typed. You stated both.)

Talk to your favorite RadioShack. They are going to be your best bet.

CMale0624

Premium Subscriber
Markappleman, Glad you mentioned this for I have been going round and round with Radio Shack about them fixing my Pro 97 scanner for the past 6 month's. First I called a few store's located in Miami, Florida USA and was told that they do not repair the Pro 97 unless they are still under warranty. That got me a little upset because I bought it brand new and was hardly used, so I decided to call "Corporate" office's from the 800 number off their web page. I was told there that I would have to speak to the district manager for Miami, Florida for I was being told the wrong information at the retail store level and that the district manager would be able to help me. I called and spoke with his assitant and they explained to me that there two type's of Radio Shack store's, there are franchise store's and there are corporate store's but both should be able to send my scanner in to be fixed. I had the assistant give me an address to one of the corporate store's and what the manager's name was in case I had to call the district manager back if I was told the same old excuse again I would call the district manager directly from the Radio Shack store. I was assured that I wouldn't have the problem again so the following day I took my scanner to Radio Shack store and with a $20 deposit they would send it back to the repair shop in Texas and they would notify me as to how much and if they could fix it. By the way, I spoke to the people at the repair shop but they wouldn't let me send it directly to them but I had to go through one of their retail store's. Anyway this all took place about 2 week's ago and I was waiting for them to call that and tell me that it couldn't be fixed but I got a call from them a few day's ago and then said it would cost $60 and they needed my OK to do the work which I agreed to. So here I sit with my finger's crossed waiting for my local Radio Shack store to call and let me know my repaired scanner is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.