Pro-97 - no empty banks, can I still program a LTR system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

xpawel15x

I need to program this LTR system which only has one frequency.

Site Name
001 Confirmed LCN 01 N/A 02 N/A 03 N/A 04 461.40000

The problem is, my Pro-97 has all its banks used up. Can I still put this one frequency into the LCN #4 of a bank with all other conventional channels that I have in the bank?

mciupa

Database Admin
Yes, pawel, if that bank has not been assigned any trunk system then make it an LTR trunking bank. I don't see why the conventional channels programmed after the LTR channel slots would matter.

N1BHH

I have conventionals programmed right alongside trunked stuff without any problem. the radio is designed to work that way. Just don't mix trunking types, Moto, EDACS, etc. in the same bank.

jerk

xpawel15x said:
I need to program this LTR system which only has one frequency.

Site Name
001 Confirmed LCN 01 N/A 02 N/A 03 N/A 04 461.40000

The problem is, my Pro-97 has all its banks used up. Can I still put this one frequency into the LCN #4 of a bank with all other conventional channels that I have in the bank?
Yes, it will work. Just make the bank is set to LTR, (and it can only be LTR trunking programmed)and just that channels is set to LTR, the rest can be CT or DC or FM

Also, I tried just to see what would happen, I have a UHF LTR frequency in CH 4 and a LTR 800MHz in CH 2 and the Pro-2055 tracks both just fine. Same thing also appears to work on the BCD396.

SCPD

QRT
Quick question

I thought any trunking system would have to have more than 1 channel ( frequency) to be trunked??

SCPD

QRT
hmmm, ok. if that is so, that means you can have more than 1 conversation ( TGs) on the same frequency active at the the same time?. I thought 1 of the purposes of a trunked system was so i,f 1 frequency was "busy" it would automatically switch to an unused one. I think I need to go back & study more?:). Am I making sense or am I very very lost?:)

SCPD

QRT
Grog said:
Well a trunked system can give you many talkgroups, just not all at once :D

then how can you call it a trunked system?... maybe I am very confused?:p.. how cann a trunked system be trunked if they only use 1 frequency??

Last edited:

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
AlabamaRS said:
then how can you call it a trunked system?... maybe I am very confused?:p.. how cann a trunked system be trunked if they only use 1 frequency??
Well, the purpose of a trunked system is to allow more than one agency, office, business, etc. to use a limited number of frequencies without overly interfering with each other. One frequency will work because each "group" will not hear the others, granted if they were very busy then there would probably be more than one frequency, but one will work. In addition, there just might be more to that "system" than meets the eye. Take a look at the FCC data for the license of that system and also take a look at this license at the same location and same alternate name.

Status
Not open for further replies.