Pro-97 Preprogrammed Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehssooner14

I recently bought a Pro-97 and was just wondering if I should leave the preprogrammed frequencies in there or remove them. Will I actually pick anything up or are they just goin to be fuzzy and a waste of space? Let me here your oppinion.

DonS

You probably don't even need to save them. I don't have my PRO-97 manual in front of me right now, but I think there's a power-up key sequence that will reload the preprogrammed frequencies.

n2mdk

Yes you can restore the frequencies from the ROM
1 Turn on the scanner
2 At the Opening screen press PGM then 1

ehssooner14

Thanks for the input. Alot of them I'm sure are hardly ever used anyway. And some of the ones I did get activity on weren't what they claimed to be. One of the local hospital frequencies came up as AIRLINE COMPANY.

Septa3371CSX1

You have to remember that the preprogrammed frequencies are COMMON users of those frequencies. It is possible that for example a local hospital uses the same frequency that is often used by airline companies at an airport. The frequencies labeled "business band", "letter dot", "colour dot", etc. are often used with low power transmitters by businesses and construction companies (i.e. Home Depot). The only time you'll hear activity on those frequencies is if you're right outside the place that uses one or a construction company is using them within a block of where you are. As for the frequencies labeled fire, police, and public safety, those are all in the frequency areas where you will often hear public safety communications. It is true, however, that other land mobile users can use some of those frequencies as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.