Pro-97/Pro-2055 rebanding/reprogramming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kythri

Forgive me if this has been covered before - did some searches, didn't find my question asked.

The WPASCANNER 800 reband page (http://www.wpascanner.com/wiki/index.php?title=800Reband) says that the Pro-97 can be re-programmed to handle the Motorola Analog stuffs, but that the Pro-2055 cannot?

Aren't these pretty much the same hardware?

Also, where can I find the reprogramming information for the EDACS and LTR stuff?

Will there not be any kind of firmware upgrade to "fix" this issue?

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
97 and 2055 both work the same.

If your system is changed from 862MHz and below you may be able to use these tables from a post by Wayne_H on the Pro-96. "To simplify programming, if your system has rebanded and does NOT use any frequencies above 862MHz you only need to program the two ranges below."

ChLO ChHI Step Offset Base
440 559 25.000 440 851.025000
000 719 25.000 0 851.012500
YOU MUST PUT THE 440 ROW FIRST OR IT WILL NOT WORK PROPERLY. A higher row takes priority over a lower row.

The 97/2055 table does not use ChLo or ChHi so enter the 440 offset with first table and 0 with second.

For EDACS/LTR systems, simply program new freqs in correct LCN.
Forgive me if this has been covered before - did some searches, didn't find my question asked.

The WPASCANNER 800 reband page (http://www.wpascanner.com/wiki/index.php?title=800Reband) says that the Pro-97 can be re-programmed to handle the Motorola Analog stuffs, but that the Pro-2055 cannot?

Aren't these pretty much the same hardware?

Also, where can I find the reprogramming information for the EDACS and LTR stuff?

Will there not be any kind of firmware upgrade to "fix" this issue?

kythri

To my knowledge none of those scanners will support Motorola rebanding on 3600 systems.

Is this a hardware limitation, or is it that GRE/Radio Shack hasn't released a new firmware for this?

Sadly, two large trunked systems nearby that I want to monitor are both Motorola, and I bought the 2055 less than a year ago. :(

Oh well, I suppose this is as good of an excuse as any to buy the newer stuff with digital capabilities.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Is this a hardware limitation, or is it that GRE/Radio Shack hasn't released a new firmware for this?

There is no user modifiable firmware for these, so I would say we (I have a 97 & 2055) are out of luck. I'm not worried, these are still very great scanners for conventional use which is how mine are used 99% of the time anyway.

If RS wants to offer a fix, that would require sending the units back and I would bet that would not be free.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Sadly, two large trunked systems nearby that I want to monitor are both Motorola, and I bought the 2055 less than a year ago. :(
You aren't always out of luck when a Motorola system rebands. It depends on which frequencies they use. If the freq is like 8xx.4375 and not 8xx.4250, or 8xx.0500 then you'll be OK. Since the large majority that have rebanded have followed the -15MHz switch you can tell now by looking at the system's frequencies now. 866 or 851 isn't important. It's that last forth digit.

jb872033

okie dokie i am totally confused now! my pro 97 CAN hear rebanded systems? as long as i reprogram the offset? help would be apprecaited..heading to a heavily rebnded area this next week, and if i could listen to them it would be a plesant suprise!...thanks!

JB

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
okie dokie i am totally confused now! my pro 97 CAN hear rebanded systems? as long as i reprogram the offset? help would be apprecaited..heading to a heavily rebnded area this next week, and if i could listen to them it would be a plesant suprise!...thanks!

JB
What system are you using and what offset, base and step?

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Just stick with my post above. You can only monitor certain rebanded systems as long as they use specific frequencies.

Don't worry about tables, bases, offsets, etc. It doesn't apply to your radio.

kythri

Hrmm, maybe I'm confused.

Are you saying that if the 4th decimal place of the frequency ends in 0, we can't monitor, but if it ends in 5, we can?

Argh, maybe I need to go read a trunking primer or something...

Thanks for putting up with my noobishness.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Are you saying that if the 4th decimal place of the frequency ends in 0, we can't monitor, but if it ends in 5, we can?
Yes. This is because the new rebanded frequencies are placed in between the old frequencies. Previous to rebanding the frequencies were spaced 25kHz apart. In order to duplicate the PS 866 sub-band 851-854 needed to support 12.5kHz spacing. Since all 800 freqs for Motorola 3600 systems are mapped to a hex code, the hex codes had to be reassigned. So the new freqs interspersed between the old are all three digits or less (to the right of the decimal point).

lugoffman

Yes. This is because the new rebanded frequencies are placed in between the old frequencies. Previous to rebanding the frequencies were spaced 25kHz apart. In order to duplicate the PS 866 sub-band 851-854 needed to support 12.5kHz spacing. Since all 800 freqs for Motorola 3600 systems are mapped to a hex code, the hex codes had to be reassigned. So the new freqs interspersed between the old are all three digits or less (to the right of the decimal point).

If memory is correct I think they used to be a topic in the wiki here that said the pro 97 did not support rebanding but now it is gone from the wiki. So has something changed I know brian used to help me out alot with mine and he told me the samething that it will not support rebanding but the pro164 will so I went out and bought me one of those to for just in case purposes :D

Status
Not open for further replies.