Pro-97 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

TonyS

Just picked up a Pro-97 yesterday and so far, so good. I'm used to Motorola portables for scanning so the slight hiss in the background I've gotta get used to. Otherwise it seems to be a rather nice analog-only scanner, especially for the sale price!

Two quick questions..... (1) Does the unit come with the belt clip attached? (2) (I mighta missed this in the manual) Is there a way to keep the backlight on? Thanks.

gatorhater

I bought my PRO-97 last year. I believe the belt clip comes as a seperate piece.
To keep the light on, all you have to do is to hold the light button for a few seconds.
Enjoy your new scanner!

NeFire242

Premium Subscriber
Attached as in already one when you buy it? It just slides and clicks into place.

Yes press and hold the bottom left button with the light bulb on it for a few seconds and the light will remain on.

TonyS

Thanks guys. Yeah, I figured it should be NOT already attached. Mine was. Yeah, I think it was bought & used previously, though I could be wrong. FWIW, the unit appears to be working fine so far.

TonyS

I forgot to mention......... My 97 came in a box, not in the clear plastic it used to be shipped in. The manual is also a different size. It appears there is not specific place in the packaging for the belt clip, hence maybe why it was already on the back of the radio.

Call me curious......I'd like to hear from anyone else who bought a 97 in the newer box packaging if their belt clip was already on the unit.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
All the PRO-97's I've seen have been in a bubble pack, but I read where some of the latest ones were in boxes. The ones in the bubble packs had the belt clip in a clear bag.

TonyS

Yeah, that's what I gathered. If my 97 was truly previously owned then they cleaned it well or used gloves to handle it because it had that clean, dry, feel new items have. Know what I mean? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.