Pro 97 Scanner Programming Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpoynter02

Hello

I have a Pro 97 Radio Shack scanner. I have the programming software as well for it. I've set it up and entered in my counties frequencies, and the talkgroup id's. However to listen to anything I have to hit scan and wait for the talkgroup ID to show up and then hit the PSE key to hold i there. On my old radioshack scanner I believe a pro-94 you could set it up to just hit the up and down arrow keys to goto the talk group id. I basically want to enter the frequencies, and the talkgroup ids and listen to only that and not scan for others. Is this possible, and if so please tell me how to do so. The manual isn't very helpful! thx

lugoffman

Hello

I have a Pro 97 Radio Shack scanner. I have the programming software as well for it. I've set it up and entered in my counties frequencies, and the talkgroup id's. However to listen to anything I have to hit scan and wait for the talkgroup ID to show up and then hit the PSE key to hold i there. On my old radioshack scanner I believe a pro-94 you could set it up to just hit the up and down arrow keys to goto the talk group id. I basically want to enter the frequencies, and the talkgroup ids and listen to only that and not scan for others. Is this possible, and if so please tell me how to do so. The manual isn't very helpful! thx

do you got yahoo instant messenger if so i will help ya out with it . pm sent

SCPD

QRT
Hello

look under "closed mode "in the maual & it will explain how to do that by hand or just check closed mode tab in win97 on that bank

Last edited:

DonS

look under "closed mode "& it will explain how to do that by hand or just check closed mode tab in win97 on that bank

I think the O.P. is looking for a way to monitor only a particular talkgroup, not "all talkgroups he has programmed but not locked out" (which is what Closed Mode would give him).

I don't believe the PRO-97 will do this (navigate to particular talkgroup while it's not active, then monitor traffic on that talkgroup). However, it's been a while since I've used my PRO-97 as my primary radio. The PRO-97 manual does not describe a way to do it, though the PRO-96 manual does.

EDIT: n2mdk posted the procedure to activate the PRO-97's "ID Hold mode" (while ID not active) below.

Last edited:

n2mdk

You can do it but you have to manually go into the bank you want to select the TGID from, once in that bank press PGM T use the arrow keys to get to the TGID you want and press FUNC T.

lugoffman

If I wanted to just monitor a certain talk group I would just go to the win 97 pick a bank out program the control frequency in then put the tgid in and click close on the win97 page then up load it that way then it will just keep just that tgid open for monitoring but you will have a lot of unused space in the radio

DonS

You can do it but you have to manually go into the bank you want to select the TGID from, once in that bank press PGM T use the arrow keys to get to the TGID you want and press FUNC T.

Yep, that does work. It puts the scanner in "ID Hold mode" on the selected TGID.

Status
Not open for further replies.