Pro-97 scanner question

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollywoodradio

Feed Provider
So....I am finally getting around to programming my Pro 97 scanner for the Racom Edacs system. (I have a home patrol 2 that I use at home which is sooooo much easier)

I have the cord and the program on my computer. So that part is set. I live in the Quad Cities (southern part of the QCA). I have 2 questions:

Do I need to program in one site or multiple sites to here all of the local talk groups?
Is it ok to put all the site frequencies into one bank (or is that just asking for trouble?)

I keep this scanner in my truck and go all over the area. I wasnt sure if I should dedicate one bank to all Racom, or break it up across the 10 banks.

If that is the case, can I have conventional frequencies in the same banks as my Racom Frequencies/talk groups?

If this makes no sense, please let me know.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
EDACS. One site per bank. You need ALL the frequencies for each site. The frequencies must match the LCN as noted in the DB. I would NOT break up talkgroups for one system as that will cause you to miss calls. You may have to program the same talkgroups more than once, one set for each site/bank.

Status
Not open for further replies.