Pro-97 setting up banks, L/O's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kegan30317

I am having a hard time transitioning from my old 2066/PRO-91 style to the Pro-97. Heres my issue:

I have everything loaded in and scanning fine using WIN97. No problems with my UHF/VHF scanning. My question has to do with turning sub-banks on/off, and individual talk ID's within the sub-bank.

I have 'hunted, pecked and cursed' my way into turning the correct things on and off a few times, but can't seem to master the correct sequence of keys. So...... how do I->

1. Once I am in a bank, how can I stop the scan so I can manually turn on or off a given sub-bank?

2. Within a sub bank, how do I turn off/on a given talk ID. I understand it is using the Lockout (L/out) key, but how do I stop and toggle among the ID's to select them? I've tried "manual" "FUNC" and up/down arrow keys, and normally that just gets me messed up again.

Any help out there? Thanks in advance !

Bucko

Go to the trunked bank you want, push func then trunk. Step through the ID you want to lock with the up & down arrow keys and push L/out (display will show a large LO). Pushing Func then the 1 key turns that sub bank off or on.

n2mdk

The Pro-97 is little hard in to get it to do what you want. Hit Man see which bank it's stopped on if it's not a channel in the bank you want punch in the first channel in that bank so it would be 000 for 0, 100 for 1 etc. Once in the bank hit PGM T (Func T will also work) that will bring up the TGIDs/Sub Banks, each time you hit T it will jump a sub bank then the arrow keys to get you to the TGID you want. As far as I know there is no easier way to do it.
To turn sub banks on and off it's Func 1, sub banks can only be turned off in Closed Mode.
If you happen to want to listen to only one TGID do the above unitl you get to the TGID you want and hit Func T

Last edited:

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-97 navigation

The Pro-97 is little hard in to get it to do what you want. Hit Man see which bank it's stopped on if it's not a channel in the bank you want punch in the first channel in that bank so it would be 000 for 0, 100 for 1 etc. Once in the bank hit PGM T (Func T will also work) that will bring up the TGIDs/Sub Banks,
You do not need to be on the "first channel in the bank" to access the talkgroups. While in MAN mode of ANY channel within a bank, press FUNC T to access the talkgroups.

each time you hit T it will jump a sub bank then the arrow keys to get you to the TGID you want. As far as I know there is no easier way to do it.
to toggle sub groups, once accessing the talkgroups, the easiest way is to press the T key to advance to the next sub group. When you've reached the desired sub group press FUNC 1 to toggle it on/off.

To turn sub banks on and off it's Func 1, sub banks can only be turned off in Closed Mode.
That statement is mis-leading. Sub groups can be turned on/off while in either open or closed modes, BUT, since open mode pays no attention to programmed talkgroups, the action is ineffective.

If you happen to want to listen to only one TGID do the above unitl you get to the TGID you want and hit Func T
The easiest way to lock a PRO-97 onto an active talkgroup is to press and hold the T button until it beeps while there is an active signal on that talkgroup. However, if you want to lock onto a talkgroup without waiting for the talkgroup to be busy, then the above action works. I've found it is best to make sure the scanner has locked onto the control channel before using this method.

Also, WHILE you are receiving a signal from a talkgroup, you can press L_OUT to lock out the TALKGROUP. Unfortunately, you have to go through the above procedure to unlock a talkgroup. If you want to lock out the FREQUENCY, press MAN then press L_OUT.

n2mdk

Pressing the PSE button will also lock onto an active Talkgroup, on thing is if the Control Channel changes while locked onto a TGID it will no longer track the ID.

Status
Not open for further replies.