Status
Not open for further replies.
My pro 97 will skip out enough to be annoying, especially when I am trying to hear an address and i'll only get part of the information. I might have it set incorrectly because my friend has a very basic RS scanner, I placed them side by side and when a call came through every few seconds mine would cut out for a split second but his was constantly clear. I also noticed when my signal did cut out the little "bolt" in the bottom right corner would also disappear. My town in not digital or even trunked so I don't know if the settings are just off. The settings I am most concerned with are:

Point Boro EMS pri atg dly lo- DC:503
Point Boro FD2 pri atg dly lo- CT:151.4
Point Boro FD1 pri atg dly lo- MOT:none
Point Boro pd pri atg DLY lo- ED: none

I hope I gave enough information thanks for any help!

SCPD

QRT
My pro 97 will skip out enough to be annoying, especially when I am trying to hear an address and i'll only get part of the information. I might have it set incorrectly because my friend has a very basic RS scanner, I placed them side by side and when a call came through every few seconds mine would cut out for a split second but his was constantly clear. I also noticed when my signal did cut out the little "bolt" in the bottom right corner would also disappear. My town in not digital or even trunked so I don't know if the settings are just off. The settings I am most concerned with are:

the 1 you have as MOT and the 1 marked as ED . is either wrong or are trunked( probably should be FM unlesss you're sure they are trunked, unable to tel you further unkess you give the syste & ATG needs to be OFF or atg

Last edited:

SCPD

QRT

the ones you have as MOT& ED are either wrong unless they are trunked ( or CC's for a trunked system), otherwise set them to FM & ATG needs to be OFF or atg. post link to the system/frequencies you're trying to listen to

Paul

I switched both the MOT and ED settings to FM. all the settings are "atg (off). Calls coming in and FM setting is the best choice for all the settings it seems. I was still getting some skipping from the CT and DC set channels, set those to FM as well---all seem great now. Thanks a bunch!

SCPD

QRT
I switched both the MOT and ED settings to FM. all the settings are "atg (off). Calls coming in and FM setting is the best choice for all the settings it seems. I was still getting some skipping from the CT and DC set channels, set those to FM as well---all seem great now. Thanks a bunch!

you are most welcome :)
Paul

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-97 settings

Turn the DELAY on. I have it on for every channel/frequency. It is too short even when on. Without the delay, as SOON as the signal is not detected, the scanner advances to the next channel. With the delay on, it is supposed to wait 2 seconds before scanning. But in reality, the "2 second delay" in a GRE scanner is about 1 second. Next, make sure you have your squelch adjusted correctly. I like mine set "very tight" which allows noisy signals through. Otherwise, the slightest drop in signal means no signal detected .. and with the delay off, away it goes.

45SigSauer

It sounds like you have the "Priority" function on. Turn "Priority" off, that should solve the skipping problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.