PRO-97 strange display issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ke6ats

Premium Subscriber
I recently purchased a used, but immaculate PRO-97. It has been working great until recently. For some reason, the display will just disappear intermittently. Eventually, it will show up again. I've owned 3 of these and never had that problem. The unit is still receiving properly when the display goes out. Any ideas on what the problem is?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If you can get at it, check the ribbon cable connecting the display to the circuit board. Maybe just re-seat it.

KT4HX

Premium Subscriber
That was a problem that cropped up from time to time with the Pro-97 and Pro-2055. The display ribbon cable was indeed the culprit, at least in the cases I experienced. What I recall of the advice at the time was to pull the cable from the socket it plugged into, carefully snip off a very tiny amount (about a millimeter) across the end of the cable then re-seat it. That is what worked for the Pro-2055 I had a few years back.

Main thing is to do it slowly and carefully to insure a straight cut and remove the least amount possible. If you take too much off you run the risk of not having enough cable to reach the socket when you want to put it back together. I used some very small clippers when I did it.

ke6ats

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I'm gonna try to get into it tomorrow. Hope I don't shake too much!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.