Pro 97 trunking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyobc

I have had the Pro-97 for a couple months now and have a question.

I have a trunking system that is about 40 miles north of me. When conditions are right, the Pro-97 and RS800 antenna pull in this system http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=TRSDB&sid=1803

Well sort of. I have it programmed in with Win97 (actually by prgmd by hand, then pulled off with Win97). However when on the bank that it is programmed into, it will never stop on traffic. But when I hit the manual button and step through the programmed channels channels manually, it will show my programmed TGID's name and I hear the audio.

PB Police Disp will be displayed and hearing audio just as if it was trunking, but it isn't. When I press scan, nothing.....

What is going on? Weak signal? Sometimes I get 4% signal other times it is upwards of 50% and still doing this.

Any idea what is going on?

Thanks,

Matt

scnnr

Matt,

Make sure that your ATTENUATOR is not set on for any of the 3 control channel frequencies. I did that once by mistake and wondered why my scanner was not stopping on activity.

scnnr

Could be. 50 miles is quite far out to pick up with Radio Shack Ducky. I can pick up Winnipeg a good 30 miles or so out of the city when on the HWY. with the same antenna and the scanner sitting on the dash. Thats about it though.

Next time you are out on the go and closer to Jefferson county double check it to see if it is working fine then. Weird that it comes in Manual mode. Are you only using the 3 control channels via web import feature?

safetyobc

scnnr said:
Could be. 50 miles is quite far out to pick up with Radio Shack Ducky. I can pick up Winnipeg a good 30 miles or so out of the city when on the HWY. with the same antenna and the scanner sitting on the dash. Thats about it though.

Next time you are out on the go and closer to Jefferson county double check it to see if it is working fine then. Weird that it comes in Manual mode. Are you only using the 3 control channels via web import feature?

10-4, actually manually programmed into the scanner all channels on that system.

scnnr

safetyobc said:
10-4, actually manually programmed into the scanner all channels on that system.

I don't suppose that it should make any difference but have you tried to take out the voice channels and just have the 3 control ones in.

Pine Bluff 04 857.962500 MOT 0.0
Pine Bluff 06 858.962500 MOT 0.0
Pine Bluff 08 859.962500 MOT 0.0

Must be driving you bonkers though I bet. :)

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I have a PRO-92

Did this issue ever get resolved? My experience is similar, but not identical. One thing I am finding is that you apparently can only have one ACTIVE control channel in a bank. Once the scanner finds an active control channel, it stops there and only "listens" to conversations identified by that control channel. If the control channel is locked out or not programmed, you get nothing.

safetyobc

Well, it done it until I got rid of it. I sold the scanner and bought a BR330T.

Couldn't be happier with my 330T. I guess it was just the weak signal/Radio Shack combination.

I regularly montior the system on my BCD396T and BR330T with the RS800 antenna, and now newly aquired Antennex stubby 800 MHz antenna with no problems.

matt

Status
Not open for further replies.