Pro-97 trunking

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsvm2005

Sorry if I posted on the wrong place If I did please direct me to the proper place Thank you

Ok here is what going on. I have the pro-97 scanner for about 1 year already have basically programmed all the or most of the frequencies in my area. I live in the Hidalgo county in Texas. I feel that I am not getting the most out of my scanner. So yesterday I was reading a post that someone had put about trunking, I was trying to get a better understanding on how it works. What I did on bank 6 which was brand new bank not used at all. I push the program and then trunk, and i get the following motorola TGID#00 i then push the program again and then input the following frequency 856.0500 and the enter then up and enter the next one on the list. then after that i went to trunking then entered all the mot id's that i seen on the database. then after i had finish i push scan but I dont get the T flashin on the scanner display ( which I read on another post that it should dont know that if on this one it will do it ) nor when i am scanning on the other banks 0,1,2,3 which i have already program other frequencies there. The thing is that it doesnt stop on bank 6 were i have already program Mcallen pd there, but when I manually put it on that bank in only one frequency lets say the above frequency I get then talking but cant follow the conversation.

I dont know if I am doing it right but If someone could please let me on this I am thinking on getting the pro-106 scanner but before I do I want to play with this one and when I get the other one I will have a better under standing on how it works.

I tried to be specific on what I am trying to if theres something that its not understand able let me know

Thank you very much for your time

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
There is no "T" indicator on the Pro-97 for trunking reception, that's a feature of the newer Pro-164 (or GRE equivalent PSR300) . It doesn't sound like you've programmed your trunked system correctly.

What you should do is take a look at the easier to read manual and start from scratch on your trunked system. Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual

Take a look at the trunked programming here: Easier to Read Pro-97/2055 Scanner Manual Keep in mind you only need the control channel frequencies (the ones in red on your system)on the Mototrola system in order to track it on the Pro-97.

McAllen Trunking System, McAllen, Texas - Scanner Frequencies
862.05000, 862.05000, 863.05000, 864.05000, 865.05000

dsvm2005

Will try that but whats the whole point of the other frequencies that are not in red. I do get people talking there too.

Thank you

dsvm2005

ok i basically followed the intructions on the link and still the same thing is happening also when i scan the whole scanner would it still scan the motorola and fm at the same time or it could only do one at a time?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Will try that but whats the whole point of the other frequencies that are not in red. I do get people talking there too.

Thank you
If you have the scanner set to "control channel only" mode, and program the frequencies in red, the Pro-97 will tune to the correct frequency (including those not in red) to hear the voice transmission. However, if you prefer, you can enter all of the frequencies, and then you would not need to use the "control channel only" mode.

Looking at the frequencies for your system, and also your location on the border, I believe that system should be programmed as a "Splinter" system instead of selecting "Normal". See the links DaveIN provided to the 'Easier to Use' web page for how to make sure & set "splinter" mode.

You can scan trunked systems and conventional (non-trunked) channels at the same time.

dsvm2005

ok is there something i have to do for it to scan both ways for some reason my scanner will not scan in mot, it doesnt stop in any of the frequencies that i have program under mot. now if i change the mode to fm then it does scan and when theres action it stops there

DickH

... 856.0500 and the enter then up and enter the next one on the list. then after that i went to trunking then entered all the mot id's that i seen on the database. then after i had finish i push scan ...

NO.
Push SCAN after the last freq. is entered. Then it will start "trunking" and you will hear all active talk groups. Then you can enter the TGs you want to hear.

There are two trunking modes, OPEN and CLOSED.
OPEN lets you hear ALL active TGs.
CLOSED lets you hear only the ones you enter.
FUNC 5 changes the mode from OPEN to CLOSED
A "+" under the bank number shows it's OPEN. A "-" shows it's CLOSED.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.