Pro 97 trying to stop on digital talkgroups?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I've noticed in the past (on a trip through an area with mostly analog, but some digital TGs) that my 97 would try to stop and all it would pass is digital noice while displaying a TG ID. i just locked them out (I was in search mode, then I did a quik-add) but I never went back to confirm those TG IDS.

While playing around today, I found the same thing happening on the NC Satae VIPER 800 site for Anderson Mt (in Catawba County). After writing it down & checking the TG ID with the RRDB, i see that it is indeed a digital TG assigned to Catawba county.

I guess I will have to try adding any problem digital TGs so they can be locked out. Has anyone else ever notice this?

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
Sure it will see the talkgroup and "play" the audio, even when digital, on mixed-mode systems.

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Hopefully this will be found when someone else experiences the same issue. If someone were to be listening in open mode, they would have a lot of digital TGs to lockout (if the area was heavy in digital use).

Granted, most people will not be listening in opem mode except when testing.

cristisphoto

Digital and the Pro97

Ours is a mixed system and all you do is lock out those ID'S
Now though I have MY BCD396T and its not really a issue
BUt I have my Pro97 and it does the same thing..:D

Regards,
Crista

FireCop

Public Safety Grunt
Premium Subscriber
James I get the same thing on Mooresville's system. The 97 will try to decode but put out the digital sound. The display will sometimes lock on the talkgroup and others keep flashing on and off like it won't lock on.

JoeyC

The 97 doesn't try to decode anything. This is normal behavior for non digital scanners. Simply lockout the digital TGs or don't operate in open mode.

Zack08

When I monitor the Lebanon, PA EDACS system both my '97 and '2055 never stop on the PROVOICE transmissions. Is this normal?

And yes, the banks are in "Open" mode.

W0JJK

My experience with the Pro 97 is this

-If the Digital is not Encrypted. It will try to decode digital clear talkgroups.

-If the users flip the switch to encrypted. It will just ingore the digital encrypted talkgroups totally.

KC0LOD

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
radiorat47 said:
When I monitor the Lebanon, PA EDACS system both my '97 and '2055 never stop on the PROVOICE transmissions. Is this normal?

And yes, the banks are in "Open" mode.

No the 97 will not stop on ProVoice comms. The only version that I know of, that will, is the PRO-92 version 1.00 firmware. So all you hear on the PRO-92 during a ProVoice comm is digital noise.

Zack08

Thats what I figured, I just wanted to make sure that there was nothing wrong with my radios.

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.