pro-97 wont receive

Status
Not open for further replies.

rob302

Premium Subscriber
Hi - Does anyone know why my pro-97 wont receive the frequencies that I loaded? I used the correct usb cable, used RR frequencies for my county (Hillsborough, FL), and used Butel ARC 300 software. Everything looks good, cable lights up when downloading, but scanner sits quiet. Any ideas? I'm frustrated. Thank You...:)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
There's not enough info here to determine the root cause. Are there any error messages? Did you load drivers for your cable before attaching the cable to the port? Which USB cable are you working with? If you did load your drivers, did you check Device Manager to make sure a port was allocated that was actually available, and not taken by something else?

More information needed Best Regards...Mike

rob302

Premium Subscriber
Mike - the cable is a R/S 20-047 cable and seems to work fine. data tx's and rx's fine. when the scanner loads, it starts scanning, but nothing is heard. before we went to trunking, our municipalities were conventional and i could hear them fine. i'm doing something wrong. the arc300 software sets the trunking mode, freq's, talkgroups, etc. according to RR's database for our area. i just don't know why i cant hear our agencies.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Welcome to RadioReference.com !!!

Hi - Does anyone know why my pro-97 wont receive the frequencies that I loaded? I used the correct usb cable, used RR frequencies for my county (Hillsborough, FL), and used Butel ARC 300 software. Everything looks good, cable lights up when downloading, but scanner sits quiet. Any ideas? I'm frustrated. Thank You...:)
When you press the Wx button, does it receive the NOAA weather channel? If not then perhaps there is a hardware problem with the scanner itself. There's a common issue where the connection between the antenna connector and the circuit board inside the scanner fails.

If you do receive the weather channel, then that leads us to a probable problem with your programming. There really are a lot of issues here, and it will take some tests/information to narrow them down.

rob302

Premium Subscriber
yes, i get NOAA with excellent recepetion. if i program a conventional freq like our FD here, it works great! trunking just seems to be a problem. the radio is practically new and has been treated with total care. signal stalker works well also. i really didnt want to sit and program it by hand as there are so many freq's to program and i'd like to have all the talkgroups and alpha tags. we are on edacs and we have two systems - east side freq's and west side freq's. the program wont let you download both systems as they conflict with each other. the main problem i think is that the primary control channels are not bolded or highlighted in red or blue, so i simply load them all. i definitely think this is merely a case of programmer error! what do you all think?

rob302

Premium Subscriber
i think so. it seems the BUTEL ARC300 does that for me. under the settings tab, it has the bank ready for edacs and the edacs format set for AFS. other than that the scanner was initialized before the upload to make sure all banks were cleared. any ideas?

rob302

Premium Subscriber
yes all is good. even gets signal stalker freqs and conventional. im doing something wrong! Help!!!

rob302

Premium Subscriber
pro-97 help!!!

still cant program my 97 to receive trunked sig's. my other posts today are still in effect. somebody pls help!!!

SCPD

QRT
Not that I know what I'm talking about, but I seem to recall reading some past posts in the Florida thread that your neck of the woods is being rebanded. The PRO-97 supposedly can't accommodate rebanding. My advice would be for you to get on the Florida thread and ask for help there.

Dave
KA6TJF

Last edited:

Highpockets

In one of the posts above you said you downloaded all the frequencies, into one system or two systems. Each site has to be seperate, and you should only need east or west freq's in one system.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Not that I know what I'm talking about, but I seem to recall reading some past posts in the Florida thread that your neck of the woods is being rebanded. The PRO-97 supposedly can't accommodate rebanding. My advice would be for you to get on the Florida thread and ask for help there.
If the system is EDACS or LTR, the PRO-97 will have no problem; just program in the correct frequencies.

If the rebanded system is Motorola, and none of the voice frequencies fit the format of 8xx.xxx0 MHz, then it will also work fine.

So just because a system is rebanded does not mean the PRO-97 won't trunk track it. And regardless, you will still be able to scan the individual frequencies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.