Pro - 97

Status
Not open for further replies.

msrettinger

I have Pro 97 scanner that I listen to Racom's system in Iowa. Their frequencies have been rebanded. According to the Wiki page on this site for Radio Shack Scanners it states that the Pro97 is not compatible with rebanded frequenices. My scanner seems to work on their system, or am I missing something? We have a Pro-2052 at work and that one does not seem to work on their system. I don't know alot about this, could someone explain it to me.
Thanks, Mike

N8IAA

Rebanding deals with Motorola frequencies only. Not EDACS. If you program all the new EDACS frequencies in proper LCN order, it should work on the 2052.
Larry

DickH

... could someone explain it to me.
Thanks, Mike

Re-banding only affects Motorola systems. Just put the new freq. in the correct channels as determined by the LCN (Logical Channel NUMBER). The freqs. may not be in numerical order. I have looked at RACOM sites in the past and many of them are not.

DickH

OK, but if you look on the RR database for the Racom system most of the towers say that they have been rebanded.

Thanks, Mike

Yes, because any freqs. in the 866-868 range had to be changed to the 851-854 range. That's what re-banding involved.
Motorola uses a different scheme in the data sent over the control channels that makes older scanners unable to track some of the new freqs. and some newer scanners have to put new band plans into the firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.