pro-99 / 20-515 audio problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatmouse

I have a pro-99 that keeps getting quieter. the volume is decreasing with age no matter how loud i adjust it. everything else works great but i just bearly hear anything. anyone else have this problem or know how to fix this. also if anybody knows of a reliable repair shop near grand rapids, michigan that would be great. the only shop in town is a poor excuse for a repair shop. any help would be great.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
Hello and welcome to RadioReference.com. Have you tried connecting an external speaker to the scanner (plug into the headphone jack)? This could be "simple" issue of a defective speaker. The other common problem many of us see is a worn out volume control. When you adjust the volume, is it "scratchy"?

fatmouse

tried and failed

I did try the earphone jack and it is also quieter than it should be or has been in the past. still stuck with an almost silent scanner. If you use an amplifeid speaker you can hear it but kind of defeats the idea of having a handheld. won't be to much of issue anyway I am suposed to get my new RS Pro-107 today. but still would like to fix the old pro-99 incase I want to sell it.

Status
Not open for further replies.