Pro Scan 250

Status
Not open for further replies.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
When inputting the info to the software for the BC250D, it asks what type of trunked system it is - there is no option for "APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive" of a non proprietory system, but is FDMA (UHF military trunked system).

Anyone have any clue what type of system I should try in the drop down menu?

Mike

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
When inputting the info to the software for the BC250D, it asks what type of trunked system it is - there is no option for "APCO-25 Common Air Interface Exclusive" of a non proprietory system, but is FDMA (UHF military trunked system).

Anyone have any clue what type of system I should try in the drop down menu?

Mike
If the 'system type' you are trying to program shows in the databse as "Project 25" or "P25 Standard", then the 250D is not going to work. (I suspect it is, since you are referencing "FDMA".) The BC250D will not handle a true APCO-25 system (9600 bps control channel). So, even if you 'shoehorned' the system into it, the scanner would not be able to trunk-track it. It can do a Motorola Type 2 system, using digital talkgroups (if if had the digital card, & the card is active), but those have a 3600 control channel. The follow-on model, the BC296D, and it's corresponding base/mpbile the BC796D were the first Uniden's that would handle a true P25 system.

WatnNY

Database Admin
Database Admin
Yes this a P25 standard system. It's the Fort Drum trunked system in Jefferson County.

I guess I'm SOL with the 250D and will have to use my 996 for it.

Thanks a lot.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.