Pro Scan w/ two Scanners. Record/Control/Stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolant113

Alright this might get a little confusing but, I want to know if it is possible to be able Record two scanners (15X & 996xt) on a single audio input using right and left. In addition to recording them i want to be able to run 2 instances of Pro Scan so that i can control each scanner using the on screen controls. And then the last thing i want to be able to do is stream it to Broadcastify as a Stereo Feed.

Is there anyway i can do this?

If you need any clarification of anything let me know.

Ant

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Alright this might get a little confusing but, I want to know if it is possible to be able Record two scanners (15X & 996xt) on a single audio input using right and left. In addition to recording them i want to be able to run 2 instances of Pro Scan so that i can control each scanner using the on screen controls. And then the last thing i want to be able to do is stream it to Broadcastify as a Stereo Feed.

Is there anyway i can do this?

If you need any clarification of anything let me know.

Ant

Yes it can be done.

ProScan Instance #1
Scanner #1 connect to the Left input. Recorder Left level set to 100% and Right level to 0%. Set the comm port to the same port that scanner #1 is connected to.

ProScan Instance #2
Scanner #2 connect to the Right input. Recorder Right level set to 100% and Left level to 0%. Set the comm port to the same port that scanner #2 is connected to.

For streaming to Broadcastify, choose one of the ProScan instances. Source Client Left & Right levels set to 100% and choose stereo mode.

Coolant113

Perfect worked like a charm. Now another question i have is there a way to incorporate slave scan into the mix? If your familiar with that software.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Perfect worked like a charm. Now another question i have is there a way to incorporate slave scan into the mix? If your familiar with that software.

I don't see how to incorporate slave scan into the mix because only one running program at a time can open and access a particular comm port.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
Hardware needed to stream 2 scanners?

Yes it can be done.

ProScan Instance #1
Scanner #1 connect to the Left input. Recorder Left level set to 100% and Right level to 0%. Set the comm port to the same port that scanner #1 is connected to.

ProScan Instance #2
Scanner #2 connect to the Right input. Recorder Right level set to 100% and Left level to 0%. Set the comm port to the same port that scanner #2 is connected to.

For streaming to Broadcastify, choose one of the ProScan instances. Source Client Left & Right levels set to 100% and choose stereo mode.

This sounds simple. But I cant envision it. "Left input?" "Right input?" I am running Windows XP Pro SP 3 on a Dell PC. It has a sound card with input for mic and outputs for speakers and headphones.. There is no left or right input. What hardware do I need to have one scanner on the left speaker and the other scanner on the right? Is there a sound card that has separate left and right inputs? If It matters, I'm using a BCD996T and BCD996XT with ProScan software.

Last edited:

aaknitt

Feed Provider
This sounds simple. But I cant envision it. "Left input?" "Right input?" I am running Windows XP Pro SP 3 on a Dell PC. It has a sound card with input for mic and outputs for speakers and headphones.. There is no left or right input. What hardware do I need to have one scanner on the left speaker and the other scanner on the right? Is there a sound card that has separate left and right inputs? If It matters, I'm using a BCD996T and BCD996XT with ProScan software.

You'll need a sound card with a stereo input, and then use a splitter cable or adapter to split the left and right stereo channels. Some mic inputs are single channel only (mono), so those wouldn't work. Other mic inputs are stereo, and pretty much all "line in" inputs will be stereo.

Andy

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
Splitter suggestions

I assume I would need a splitter with two 3.5 mm mono female jacks and a 3.5 mm male stereo plug. I assume the audio would be "mixed" inside the splitter to left and right channels. I can't seem to find one that fits the bill.
Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.