ARCXT: PRO With Uniden Bearcat BCD325P2 And Capacity Plus

Status
Not open for further replies.

JASII

Memory Capacity
Can I currently use the Butel ARC XT PRO to program a Capacity Plus system into a Uniden Bearcat BCD325P2? I started this afternoon and I see Moto, Edacs, LTR, and other types of trunking, but I don't even see a selection for Capacity Plus in the software. It is simply a two frequency Capacity Plus system. I have the RF frequencies and the talkgroup numbers. Where do I start?

Tech1

JASII You need to do the DMR Upgrade first before listening to MotoTRBO systems. I did the DMR Upgrade for my BCD996P2 last month and it works great.

JASII

Memory Capacity
ARCXT: PRO With Uniden Bearcat BCD325P2 And Capacity Plus

I have already done that. I have it receiving DMR, but I am trying to program a Capacity Plus sytem. The Color Code used is 14, but Butel shows it as 100E in the NAC Code column when I scan conventionally. Also, what is the best way for me to determine LCN on a Capacity Plus system?

JASII

Memory Capacity
JASII you can look up your area on the database and get all of the freq's and LCN's for the system.

It lists the RF frequencies, but not the LCNs for the system. Are you saying in your last post that LCN doesn't matter?

Tech1

The LCN does matter. The scanner will scan the system by channel number. ie, 1 4 5 6 etc. Not all channels will be used.

JASII

Memory Capacity
ARCXT: PRO With Uniden Bearcat BCD325P2 And Capacity Plus

I am trying the higher frequency as LCN 1 and the lower one as LCN 2. A few other questions, though:

-Since Butel ARC XT PRO logs Color Code 14 as 100E, should I program it as CC14 or as 100E? I looks like I could actually leave the Color Code blank on a Cpacity Plus system, is that accurate?

-Could I program it both ways to see which works or would that adversely affect something else?

-If I set it to ID Search Mode, will that work just like any other trunked system and monitor all talkgroups, unless they are locked out?

-I am aware of four talkgroups, three regular ones and an ALL CALL. Do I need to program the ALL CALL or will it simply be received on any of the other talkgroups, if it truly is ALL CALL?

-When I read through DigitalMobileRadioUpgrade < UnidenMan4 < TWiki it refers to Using LCN Finder for DMR Trunked Systems. I states "To use LCN finder, select MENU --> Analyze --> EDACS/LTR/DMR LCN Finder. Then, select the system and the site on that system to analyze." I select MENU, but I don't see an Analyze Mode. Does the BCD325P2 not have that? Or, can that only be selected when I am actually receiving voice traffic?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.