Pro095 wont Rx anything

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got this on Ebay for dirt cheap so it doesn't surprise me, but I have programmed all my local frequencies and i am not getting and Rx. Checked the Wx and its just static, swapped antennas with my rs pro 31, and still nothing, the 31 works just fine. Am i missing something or should i send it back

kcvanover

Antenna connector?

I had the same problem. I found that the center conductor had come unsoldered from the bnc. The case comes apart easily once you unscrew the collar around the antenna connector.

i just took it apart again, the center conductor is deffinatly connected to the board. i pushed the pins on the antenna end together a little just to make sure it was making contact, the symptoms really seem like antenna issue though'

kcvanover

Try clipping a jumper wire to the board connection. You should be able to hear a wx station. Maybe the connector is bad. I would doubt the connector is bad but you could try.

I got it working last night, seems as though the center connector was dirty and lose, im picking up FM no problem now. My next issue is no AM reception and no WX, not that i want to scan weather anyway, i have a computer for that. But i programmed 3 local ATIS freqs, and LA approach control and no RX on those, im thinking i might need an external ant for those am i correct?

kcvanover

Outside is always better. A home built ground plane is easy and cheap to build. Google home brew antennas or contact a local ham. I use cable tv coax for feed lines, it is cheap. You will probably have to get an adapter from rs to go from the f connector of the coax to the scanner bnc

i have the tools to crimp a bnc on i used to install mobiles for a living, just never dealt with it at home, what should i use for a gp, or should i get a mast

lessworkmoreplay

Premium Subscriber
I just got a pro-95 from a friend last night, I went ahead and did a reset using the small opening on the side, he had stuff from the MO side programmed in and I figured being in KS I wouldn't use the same info. But now I have no idea even how to program anything into the Pro-95 . I have looked at the manual online but It is super hard for me to understand. This is my first scanner, So clearly I am lost.

I just got a pro-95 from a friend last night, I went ahead and did a reset using the small opening on the side, he had stuff from the MO side programmed in and I figured being in KS I wouldn't use the same info. But now I have no idea even how to program anything into the Pro-95 . I have looked at the manual online but It is super hard for me to understand. This is my first scanner, So clearly I am lost.

I can definitely help you programming non-trunked freqs into the scanner, i still cant figure out how the trunkiing system works on this scanner though, if anyone can shed some light on this, im trying to program SoCal Edison into the scanner, got freq and talkgroups i want and im not picking anything up in the 900 mhz

N8IAA

I can definitely help you programming non-trunked freqs into the scanner, i still cant figure out how the trunkiing system works on this scanner though, if anyone can shed some light on this, im trying to program SoCal Edison into the scanner, got freq and talkgroups i want and im not picking anything up in the 900 mhz

'Free' Win95 programming software from www.starrsoft.com makes it a snap:) Make sure that you program the scanner as Moto Type II 800/900.
HTH,
Larry

I have the software, just no cable yet. But besides that I think it may still be an antenna issue. I know the frequencies that SCE operates on, and even program the control channel on straight FM im not even get the data signals. I will be getting a cable soon, unless someone can tell me the pin out and ill make my own. My next step though is an outside antenna and see if that helps.

lessworkmoreplay

Premium Subscriber
Thanks

I have tried to program using the cheat sheet that got posted, but I think something is wrong with my scanner, I am having my Dad look at it. He has more experience then I do. Just super frustrated considering I can't even get the weather on it.

Ok can anyone out there explain this to me. My scanner stopped Rx, cursor wasn't moving. I picked it up and started working, then stopped. Now if i squeeze where the speaker is it starts working for about 5 min, then stops. I know its not the speaker going out, has anyone had loose solder joints in there that need to be fixed or what.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Ok can anyone out there explain this to me. My scanner stopped Rx, cursor wasn't moving. I picked it up and started working, then stopped. Now if i squeeze where the speaker is it starts working for about 5 min, then stops. I know its not the speaker going out, has anyone had loose solder joints in there that need to be fixed or what.

Has radio been dropped?

Nope hasn't been dropped, atleast since I've had it, but i did open it up after i posted and put some foam tape between the board and the case, seems to be working fine right now so i guess i wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.