pro106 firmware update

Status
Not open for further replies.

alfish

need to update pro 106 been out of the loop few yrs. at 1.8 now.having hard time .

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
need to update pro 106 been out of the loop few yrs. at 1.8 now.having hard time .

Would you be willing to tell us exactly what you are having a hard time with??

Finding the downloads?

Actually downloading them??

Using them to update after downloading them??

Using them but the updates aren't loading to the scanner??

Can you give us anything to go on??

kd7tk

Premium Subscriber
Hi Alfish:
Barry here. I had a terrible time with PRO 106 support from Radio Shack headquarters tech support.
But I have used the Win 500 rebanding patch with success. Since Utah is in the middle of rebanding I use rebanded programming on some TSYS's but not on others. The rebanded trunking freqs. are very easy and quick to install and choose in the Win 500 app.
Hope this helps.
Barry kd7tk

kd7tk

Premium Subscriber
I haven't researched with the app support people but I know the download contains the rebanding trunking table patch. I found out about the patch on the RR rebanding table forum. However I don't know if that patch is universal for all scanners or is specific to the PRO 106. I have found the WIN 500 an excellent app but I was surprised that the app and the users were all over the rebanding issue.
c, u.
Barry

amberherman

Premium Subscriber
I have a Radio Shack Pro 106 and I am in need of someone to help me. I have had it since 2010 and never had a problem I downloaded info from radio reference and it has worked ever since. the other day I turned it out and it just scans for ever not getting anything. Do I need to update it some where if so where do I go. I re downloaded all info again and still not working. Please help

jfhtm350

No you shouldnt have to update the firmware. See your other post about your issue. If you want to update your firmware you can use the link in my signature.

Status
Not open for further replies.