Pro106 not tracking P25 trunking system

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhtm350

Anyone else have a problem programming Pro-106 to a digital trunking system. Me and another feller has tried every setting to get it to track the system to no avail. It more or less just ignores the control channel. Wont bring anything up. I can hear the control channel, I can tune to a voice channel and hear the traffic, but can not get it to track the system. The closest we got was to put it on P25 manual with default t-tables, but it would go to the wrong frequency although it would come up with the right talkgroup ID. Maybe if I had some custom T-Tables it would work, but I dont have any.

This is the system im trying to program:
Pigeon Forge Public Safety Trunking System, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies

There is no other P25 trunking system around for me to try to program that in and try another one.

Highpockets

Anyone else have a problem programming Pro-106 to a digital trunking system. Me and another feller has tried every setting to get it to track the system to no avail. It more or less just ignores the control channel. Wont bring anything up. I can hear the control channel, I can tune to a voice channel and hear the traffic, but can not get it to track the system. The closest we got was to put it on P25 manual with default t-tables, but it would go to the wrong frequency although it would come up with the right talkgroup ID. Maybe if I had some custom T-Tables it would work, but I dont have any.

This is the system im trying to program:
Pigeon Forge Public Safety Trunking System, Pigeon Forge, Tennessee - Scanner Frequencies

There is no other P25 trunking system around for me to try to program that in and try another one.

Try programming it as P25 Auto, and use default table.

jfhtm350

We tried that. If you dont have another scanner running beside it, you wouldnt even know there was traffic on it. It just sits there still scanning.
Tried to program the system on a pro106 and a pro197 and neither would work, so it cant be a faulty radio.

Highpockets

We tried that. If you dont have another scanner running beside it, you wouldnt even know there was traffic on it. It just sits there still scanning.
Tried to program the system on a pro106 and a pro197 and neither would work, so it cant be a faulty radio.

How well do you pick up the CC, %?

n4yek

He receives it quite well, I had my 396T right beside it and it was receiving traffic. I don't know much about a Pro 106 and was trying to help him figure out this problem. I am sure it is programming, but neither one of us could figure it out. It was set to P25 auto, t-tables were at default. You could tell the scanner to analyze the CC and it would show all the data the repeater is transmitting. But when you pressed scan, then it is silent, nothing would trunk through.
I have read the online 'easier to read' manual but still not having any luck helping him.
Here has been our PM exchange and his setting for someone to look over:

jfhtm350 said:
n4yek said:
jfhtm350 said:
n4yek said:
jfhtm350 said:
n4yek said:
jfhtm350 said:
n4yek said:
jfhtm350 said:
The first thing you do is program in a Trunk System Object which is the details of the trunking system. Options are as follows then what I have it programed to:
1) System Type: P25 Auto (other options: MOT800/900, MOTVHF/UHF, P25Manual, EDACSStandard, EDACSNarrow, LTR)
2) Alpha Tag: PigeonFrgPubSfty (Just whatever i want to name it of course)
3) Frequencies: 1-769.806250, 2-770.331250, 3-770.343750, 4-771.406250 (Frequencies for the trunk system. I usually put all of the frequencies, but maybe I shouldnt have done that with this type)
4) Lockout: Blank (Its not lockedout)
5) Attenuator: Blank (Its not attenuated)
6) Narrow FM: Blank (Its not set on narrowfm)
7) AudioBoost: Blank (adds 6db of audio if set to on, blank is off)
8) Dwell: 0 (This is programmed 0 by default)
9) Digital AGC: Blank
10) SuperTrack: Blank
11) MultiSite: Blank
12) Threshold High: 95 (Programmed 95 by default)
13) Threshold Low: 75 (Programmed 75 by default)
14) T-Tables: Blank (Other options are Default, Splinter, Custom. Not sure what blank is. Have some mottype2 and ltr trunksystems that are set to default. This could be a problem too.)
15) Edit TTables: double click to edit (they have not been edited)
16) Fleetmap: Type2 (there are several other options here from E1P1 through E1P16 and custom, maybe this needs to be changed.)
17) Edacs Invert: blank
18) LTR Automove: blank (this is just for LTR systems)
19) Check All CC: No
Some of those settings only belong to specific trunking systems.
One thing I definitely found is the T-Tables HAS TO BE set to Default for it to follow a P25 system. That makes it Explicit which basically means it follows what the Control Channel is broadcasting.
Also set your Narrow FM to Yes.

Give that a shot, I think that is your problem.
Talk to you later and let me know if that helps.
Danny

Im looking at the programming through the scanner now and not through ARC500 because like I say some of those options in Arc500 do not all apply. It suprising easy once I fiddled around with it a min or two. Im looking at the Trunking System Object that I have created and in the scanner it only gives me these options to play with in a P25Auto system (P25Manual are the same options):
Type: p25 auto
Tag: name i created
Frequencies: program in the frequencies
L/Out: off

vv expert options below vv
Atten: off
Narrow FM: no (i will set to yes)
Audio Boost: off
Dwell: 0
Dig AGC: Off
Supertrack: Off
Multi-Site: Off
T Tables: Default

So those are the only options out of that list I gave you before, so that should narrow down the field of settings. There is no Fleetmap setting in the scanner so i guess that must not matter but when i save the file in ARC500 it automatically puts Type2 there for some reason.
When I was up there before I played with all of those settings and I still got nothing. I dont remember about the T Tables but im thinking because it was blank in ARC500 it put it as default but not 100% sure and also i cant remember if i changed the narrowfm setting either.

Im thinking it will be this saturday to come up there. Are you going to be working then or what? Thats the plant that the mudslide killed a couple of fellers a little while back isnt it?
Yes I will be working Saturday and Yes it is the place where the two guys got killed. Just stop by, give me a call on the Plant's cell phone: XXX-XXX-XXXX when you get into Pigeon Forge so i know you are getting close. Maybe we can get that thing going.
Danny

10-4. What time do you get off? Will it even pick it up from up there?
Another thing is in the manual it says narrowfm has no effect on digital channels.
I work until 7pm, yes I can pick the system up from there. So give me a call Saturday on the plant cell phone when you get close so I can open the gate for you. XXX-XXXX.
See you then.
Danny

Any help for him would be great.

Last edited:

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
So those are the only options out of that list I gave you before, so that should narrow down the field of settings. There is no Fleetmap setting in the scanner so i guess that must not matter but when i save the file in ARC500 it automatically puts Type2 there for some reason.
When I was up there before I played with all of those settings and I still got nothing. I dont remember about the T Tables but im thinking because it was blank in ARC500 it put it as default but not 100% sure and also i cant remember if i changed the narrowfm setting either.
My ARC500 import set type to P25 Auto. If no T-Tables are imported the field will be blank rather then Default.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned

I think you have your talkgroups or wildcard locked out? Also they need to be enabled. the list they are in should have a * next to the list number.

n9zas

jfhtm350

My ARC500 import set type to P25 Auto. If no T-Tables are imported the field will be blank rather then Default.

Yes that is correct, but then you look in the trunk system object settings and it will be T-Tables: Default.

jfhtm350

I think you have your talkgroups or wildcard locked out? Also they need to be enabled. the list they are in should have a * next to the list number.

n9zas

It was enabled to the scanlist with the * symbol.
When playing around with the settings, I got it to trunk with settings of P25manual and default t tables and it showed the correct TGID of 2977 but it trunked to some other frequency that is not used buy them so it shouldnt have anything to do with the talkgroup setting. I just have one by the way and it is a wildcard.

If anyone has a pro106/197 and lives close by or coming to pigeon forge, I would like to see if they can program theirs for the pigeon forge public saftey system.

jfhtm350

I think I found someone with the same problem as me, or at least it sounds like it.
http://forums.radioreference.com/sc...79879-problem-butel-arc-500-pro-t-tables.html

Never used a pro96.com software before but I could use my laptop and scanner to save the data it produces if someone could take a look at it for me and/or possible make a custom t-table that i can use and try that.

What does pro96 do? does it just capture the data coming from the control channel and save it. I have a CCDump and DSPdump setting.

I am out of the range of the control channel here at home so i have to drive to where i can pick it up and try whatever i need to try.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Yes that is correct, but then you look in the trunk system object settings and it will be T-Tables: Default.
As I said, mine is always blank for P25 Auto import.

After sending to scanner and after scanner acquires the CC then receiving data from scanner--yes default will be set.

Last edited:

jfhtm350

As I said, mine is always blank for P25 Auto import.

After sending to scanner and after scanner acquires the CC then receiving data from scanner--yes default will be set.

Are you saying in the scanner the t-tables will say blank until the control channel is recieved then it will say default? In the scanner now, not ARC500.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Some of the details collected by Pro96Com
Towers txt will provide Trunking Tables.
Pro96Com provides other details also and program is free at Download Pro96Com

Attachments

• 20110306-Dump-111.txt
    97.5 KB · Views: 111
  • Radios.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 105
  • TalkGroups.txt
    1,015 bytes · Views: 102
  • Tower0111.txt
    1.8 KB · Views: 96

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Are you saying in the scanner the t-tables will say blank until the control channel is recieved then it will say default? In the scanner now, not ARC500.
Nope, I said during Import to ARC500 the cell will be blank. Then when sending new import to scanner then running scanner to acquire the CC, then receiving from scanner to ARC the cell will now be default. The scanner remains in default.

jfhtm350

The trunking system is not very active. Sometimes it is, but there is only one talkgroup on it which is the Pigeon Forge Police Dept. From what I have seen the first voice channel to be used is always 770.33125. Now it being just one group, the chances of it going to another voice channel because one is busy is probably slim and the 3rd voice channel being even slimmer. Using pro96 to decode the control channel info, am I probably gonna have to sit there all day long or maybe longer just to get all the information to make a t-table? In other words do I need for the system to use all the frequencies before I get a properly made t-table?
I do believe the scanner would track the system with a custom t-table on p25manual, but I would like to know why the p25auto setting dont work.

jfhtm350

Nope, I said during Import to ARC500 the cell will be blank. Then when sending new import to scanner then running scanner to acquire the CC, then receiving from scanner to ARC the cell will now be default. The scanner remains in default.

10-4. Yes that is the same thing im doing or is happening.

jfhtm350

Well i guess that put a halt to my brainstorming. Radio should have come with a bottle of aspirin. Makes me wonder if the scanner is even capable of trunking a p25 trunked system. Dont have one close around to try other than this one. Maybe ill just pack up and drive a hundred miles to see if it will track some other system.
I dont have a speck of trouble with other trunking systems.

Highpockets

Well i guess that put a halt to my brainstorming. Radio should have come with a bottle of aspirin. Makes me wonder if the scanner is even capable of trunking a p25 trunked system. Dont have one close around to try other than this one. Maybe ill just pack up and drive a hundred miles to see if it will track some other system.
I dont have a speck of trouble with other trunking systems.

Can you receive a site on this one?

Tennessee Valley Regional Telecommunications System Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies

jfhtm350

I tuned my scanner to the closer ones (TVRTS) and no control channel noise from the house. Didnt know they had some in knoxville though.

Status
Not open for further replies.