Pro106 / Pro197 LTR Codes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfhtm350

The only way I can find to get the LTR codes to come up is to properly setup the ltr trunk system and add a wildcard talkgroup. I had a Pro164 that just automatically shows the ltr code when searching or scanning frequencies without the system being programmed in as LTR.

Does anyone know how to get the Pro106 or Pro 197 to show the LTR codes without programming in the system? If you are trying to map out the system or just doing a search in the public safety bands, you will not know if a frequency is part of an LTR system because it comes up with no code. Instead it will just say code: search just like there is no code.

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
On my RS197 when i start on a UHF freqy ex: 464.30 and press "Func-Tune", turn off "pause" and let it search when it comes upon a LTR freqy thats "active" it shows you the TG code ex: 0-010-100, shows you "H"=home channel and freqy goes into LCN10 when you program the system....

jfhtm350

Lets say I run up on a frequency I dont know what it is. I usually put my unknown frequencies in one scanlist and put the squelch to search and later I scan that list to try to figure out what it is. If it is an LTR trunk system frequency and I dont know it, it just shows Squelch:Search like it is CSQ. I have no way of knowing it is an LTR frequency because nothing shows.

If I dont know it is an LTR frequency or the home repeater number or talkgroup ID's, I cannot properly program in the system for a Trunking System Object and a wildcard to bring up the talkgroup ID's. (This system is not in the database for me to copy and paste).

I had a Pro-164 and it just automatically shows the talkgroup ID's in an LTR system when in a conventional bank so I could at least gather the talkgroups. Maybe someone knows a way for me to do it like that. I cant run up to the scanner and press Func+tune and do it like that every time they are active although I think it does work like that.

AC9BX

My 197 works as Ronin describes. If it's scanning in tune mode and catches a signal that's part of an LTR system of enough duration it will decode the LTR information in there. It doesn't always determine the home radio. I generally press pause and make a note of the information but it can be stored if you choose.

jfhtm350

Yea evidently it only shows the information in Tune mode. I even tried to put a single frequency in a search object to where is just searches that single frequency when im scanning and it still will not show the LTR code. Seems like radio shack needs to change that somehow.

jfhtm350

Or even when doing a search (by pressing srch) it still will not show the LTR code. You have to land on one that doesnt show a NAC,PL,DC code and then press func+tune to see if by luck is an LTR frequency. That is the way you have to do it. There is no way to tell radio shack about this, or at least I cant find a place to tell them. I dont know why they cant make it to where it just shows it.

Status
Not open for further replies.