Pro106 proj P25 as conv ot tgrp

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuckinnc

Need to plug in 1 control tower frequency 859.7125 P25 wildcard, sense this is only one frequency should
it be CONV or TGRP,

ScannerSK

Assuming this is part of a trunked system (as you want to add a wildcard), then you will enter it as the "control channel" in the P25 system and also add a wildcard talkgroup.

First, create the wildcard talkgroup and next create the P25 system by assigning the wildcard talkgroup to a "NEW" talkgroup system.

Shawn

chuckinnc

When you say create a wildcard talk group

Wlidcard tgrp, I guess you mean, program, new, tgrp, scan list, P25, enter freq, then save. Maybe I am missing a step somewhere.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Need to plug in 1 control tower frequency 859.7125 P25 wildcard, sense this is only one frequency should
it be CONV or TGRP,

Wlidcard tgrp, I guess you mean, program, new, tgrp, scan list, P25, enter freq, then save. Maybe I am missing a step somewhere.
Frequency 859.7125 is assigned to the Baker Mtn site for VIPER in your county. You do not enter frequencies as a TSYS object, Wildcard or otherwise, in a trunked system. You can add it to the list of System frequencies for VIPER, but it is not listed as a primary or alternate Control Channel frequency.

In a trunked system, a Wildcard is only used to find talkgroup ID's that are in use, but identified previously in the database.

chuckinnc

859.7125 is the new Myrtle Beach,SC control channel, they just changed over to P25 last month, have been trying to get this one programmed in. Shows good signal strength but no audio. I done the data
reset = power on 0,1 - then entered the data & save, when I go to scan it says (unsaved changes and ask if I want to , go back ? I already pressed save so did I miss a step?

troymail

Silent Key
859.7125 is the new Myrtle Beach,SC control channel, they just changed over to P25 last month, have been trying to get this one programmed in. Shows good signal strength but no audio. I done the data
reset = power on 0,1 - then entered the data & save, when I go to scan it says (unsaved changes and ask if I want to , go back ? I already pressed save so did I miss a step?

Chuck - you need to create a new P25 trunk system (TSYS) in your PRO-106 via the radio keypad or using PC software.

For that new system, then assign to it at least the system control channel frequency 859.7125 and create/add a new wildcard talkgroup (TGRP) and assign that talkgroup to a scanlist then save, save, save....

It may or may not work given your location. The new(er) P25 systems are much harder to receive (both in county and out) than the legacy Motorola systems. Your account says you are in Western NC. Where are you trying to listen to this system from?

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=9279

chuckinnc

Yes I live in western NC but on vacation in downtown Myrtle Beach,SC now, getting strong signal just no audio, here about 6 weeks a year & lots of shootings going on so I like to stay informed. I think your right about new systems harder to receive, at home I have no problem programming older P25 control tower
and receiving audio,

Status
Not open for further replies.