Pro106 scanlist issue?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

I keep trying to create a new scanlist 13 to be specific. Every time I enter the first frequency the radio shows *13 . But when I go to save it, and look . It's in scan list 1. What am I doing wrong? I’ve had success in creating scanlists for several 380 DoD and JIWIN systems. I’m trying to create a scan list for common military aviation frequencies. HELP!

Steve

P.S. The 106 is NOT my primary scanner the PSR 500 is my "go to" scanner. And I had help programming that, by Win500. And yes, I do have that sofware on my laptop.

talkpair

An object can be a member of multiple scan lists.

Make sure you hit the ENT or SEL key to either enable or disable the object as you toggle through the scan lists when setting up the object.

Is it possible you failed to de-select it from the default scan list 01 ?

Stavro35

1. Yes,I know :)
2. I did :) 13* is displayed
3. I'm not sure? Every time I go to save the frequency after tagging 311.00 and making sure it's in A.M mode. I go to save it. And it defaults to scan list 1. When I want it in 13.

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
OOP

I keep trying to create a new scanlist 13 to be specific.
You really do not create scanlists. The scanner has 1-20, fav,etc and that's it. What you do is create a TGRP or CONV OBJECT and assign it to any/all scanlists. When you view that object, you will see * next to the lists it is associated with. Again that can be any/all/none of them.

jfhtm350

In Win500 you select what scanlist(s) you want your freq programmed to. You do not create the scanlist, it is already there. The assigned scanlist is shown on the same line your programming your frequency along with Mode, Tone, Alpha Tag, etc. Look to the right side and you will see a place to click on and put or remove checkmarks in the scanlists such as 1-20 and FAV. Make sure your line is selected before putting checkmarks or you will change one of your other lines and not know it.

N8IAA

1. Yes,I know :)
2. I did :) 13* is displayed
3. I'm not sure? Every time I go to save the frequency after tagging 311.00 and making sure it's in A.M mode. I go to save it. And it defaults to scan list 1. When I want it in 13.

Under the line of ScanList Default, make 13 your default. This way you don't have to keep going into 1 and unchecking that and checking 13. Tedious work.
Larry

jfhtm350

Ive never programmed in anything from the scanner interface but that looks like it could mean scanlist 1 and 3. You could check scanlist 3 to verify. If you have Win500 program it with it, it is much easier than trying to read 3 lines of information from the screen.

jcmagic6160

Premium Subscriber
was having same issue

This shows what I want in #13. But when I save it, it ends up in *1

I was having the same problem as you....as someone just suggested....hit program button, edit and if you see the * #1...hit the sel button...then hit manual on list 1 and scroll though and delete all traces of that talk group...then check and see if it is still in list 13....that should do it.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
I can't seem to enter 13 when I try, it won't work?

If you are referring to selecting the scan list affiliation, while in programming mode, you do not enter 13. You would use the left and right, on the paddle key, to scroll to 13, the the ENT key to select or de-select. (Same applies to any other scan list selection.)

Sent from Tapatalk

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
PRO-106 / PSR-500/ etc OOP

When you "edit" an item in the scanner, the object will start out pointing to list 1. If you see *1, then press the SEL button to toggle the * off. Press the arrow keys to navigate to list 13. If you don't see *13, press the SEL button to turn it on. Then press the SAVE soft key.

While scanning you toggle lists 1-9 with single key presses. List 10 is toggled with the 0 key. Lists 11-19 are toggled with FUNC and the number. List 20 is toggled with FUNC 0.

Status
Not open for further replies.