pro106 talkgroup display ques

Status
Not open for further replies.

pogbobo

hey all

quick ques about my pro 106

you know when it stops on a talkgroup it alternates on line 3 of the display between the TG alpha tag and the TRS alpha tag? this bugs me ... is there anyway to have it only show the talkgroup text? I know what freaking trs I'm scanning, it just bothers me

any hints would be appreciated :)

thanks

rickak

You can adjust the LCD blink times in the Global settings menu. Adjust the "LCD BlinkOff/LCD BlinkOn" settings. For instance, set blinkon to 5 and blinkoff to 200. This wont eliminate the TRS tag, but you can make it blink by so fast you can't see it.

Rick

pogbobo

another display related question for the RR brain trust :)

if I am scanning a group of only conv objects, they all fly by super fast ... is there any way to just have the 106 display the name of the scanlist i am scanning? instead of speeding through the channels uselessly (imho)...

thanks!

pogbobo

if you don't have a TGRP object for the TSYS you are scanning programmed, it should show the TGID by default right?

you can turn off the display of radio id's by going to prog-func-glob menu, its towards the bottom

btw, the word didn't really get out, but the USB programming cable is on sale at radio shack until tomorrow, for only $19.99, part #20-047 ... if you already have the cable, disregard ... just wanted to spread the word

pogbobo

bump for my ques in post #4 :):)

if I am scanning a group of only conv objects, they all fly by super fast ... is there any way to just have the 106 display the name of the scanlist i am scanning? instead of speeding through the channels uselessly (imho)...

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.