pro106 v scanner folders deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

mamajewls83

Premium Subscriber
we bought this scanner and i have win500 for the software. the v-folders got deleted completely. is there any way to get them back? also i'm wanting to listen to christian county, Missouri and all i hear is static or digital sounds. Can anyone help??? thanks

mamajewls83

Premium Subscriber
okay

i went there and i have the v folders...now how do i get them on the scanner?

blangell

Post #4 I believe you have to use the software to open each V-folder that you downloaded and the upload them to the scanner and then save them. I think they have to be done one by one.

mamajewls83

Premium Subscriber
Got it

Okay got the v folders back into place...thanks

Now I have an issue with getting Christian County, Missouri coming in...any help on that issue?

N8IAA

we bought this scanner and i have win500 for the software. the v-folders got deleted completely. is there any way to get them back? also i'm wanting to listen to christian county, Missouri and all i hear is static or digital sounds. Can anyone help??? thanks

If you put the original V-folders back in from when the scanner was new, all of those frequencies are extremely outdated. They were loaded in at the factory from when the scanners were originally manufactured.
It you loaded in the digital system for Christian county, the scanner will not receive it because it is MotoTRBO Capacity Plus. No scanner, or radio that does MotoTRBO will decode it.
All county and local public service use this system. I would also presume that some of the analog frequencies are being used in the new system, and that is why you are getting digital noise on those.
HTH,
Larry

Status
Not open for further replies.