Pro107 playlist help needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

grb

I have 3 playlists programmed, only one of them (001) gets hits, it doesn't seem to be scanning the other two. Is this normal? They are checked.

dxscannerman

Hi GRB, don't know if this will help but when I started using mine I noticed the same thing. I was comparing reception with one of the other scnners that kept getting hits but the 107 didn't. It was so new I didn't understand all the features, ( probably still don't yet) and I had been hitting the skip button all the time thinking that I was just passing a channel i didn't want to listen to at the time, but in reality I was lockeing out all the channels I skipped. I was told about this on here and so I scrolled down on the main menu and at the bottom there was a link to unlock all locked out channels. I clicked it and started hearing things again. Just a suggestion if you had it working before. Hope this helps . Merry Christmas ,.,.,,,.............DXman

grb

They are all checked,and nothing is skipped. Also,every time I switch from say wx to scan play,it goes through the preparing process,and its a slow process. Is this normal? I'm beginning to think that I may have a defective unit.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
001 is the default playlist.

When programing a trunking system, be sure to select the system before moving to next layer.

Use "Browse Objects" to confirm radio is programed,
Down arrow to scroll through the playlists.
Right arrow to select playlists to review.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Correctly programed play lists being scanned will show on the screen while scanning.

The "Prepairing" delay is the scanner reloading active memory from the SD card. The more frequencies and trunked systems loaded, the longer it takes.

Look at the "Conventional Frequencies" list in the program and confirm which playlists your frequencies are in.

Be sure to copy configuration to the SD card

grb

playlist 001,002,003 show on the screen,while its scanning but the only list that actually gets scanned is 001.
When I get a hit the playlist 001,show up along with the other info about the hit.
I have conv freqs programmed in all 3 playlists.
I assume I have it correctly programmed. How can I check this?

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
If possible, put the SD card in a computer and run the Iscan program to see what is programed where.

If not, use "Browse Objects" to confirm radio is programed,
Down arrow to scroll through the playlists.
Right arrow to select playlists to review.

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
When programing the scanner, the scanner will import everything into playlist 001 unless the user uncheck's its box, along with any other playlist selected.

grb

I don't have a pc. I do have a imac. I think every things in 001(thanks to you).I unchecked 001,got hits on 002,unchecked 002,got hits on 003. So I guess its ok. I thought it would scan all of the checked playlists. What's the use of having 20 playlists if only one can be activated at a time? I'm close to returning this to RS. I must be in the wrong age group for this.
What is copy configaration to SD card all about?

CStarr59

Why don't you just put everything in playlist 01 and let the scanner do it's thing? Copy configuration to SD card is in the software, it lets you set up a playlist on the computer and download it to your SD card. And no your not in the wrong age group, there is a slight learning curve to this scanner and software. It only takes a few minutes to figure it out. I don't know if the software works with a mac, find yourself a regular windows PC and it will be much easier to program for you.

Last edited:

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
Go to each playlist and remove any frequencies that should not be there and it will scan each list. It might be easier to reset the radio and start over. Just remember to uncheck playlist001 when importing frequencies into the other playlists

I have been fiddling with the 107 for a couple weeks. I have found that you need to put all of the frequencies That you would like to monitor on 1 Playlist.My 107 chatters all day long now that ive made that change,another thing Ive found is that the backlight needs to be shut down or this thing will eat batteries like nobody's business.

DonS

The PRO-107 will scan multiple playlists just fine. There are a few reasons why it may "seem" to scan only one playlist:

1. The objects (channels and talkgroups) you want to scan are really only in one playlist. Enabling a second playlist for scanning will have no effect. If the objects are only in playlist #1, then enabling playlist #2 won't do anything.

2. Only one playlist is actually enabled for scanning (i.e. from the "Playlists" item on the main menu). If you have some objects that are only in playlist #1and other objects that are only in playlist #2, then you need to enable both playlists in order to scan all objects.

3. Objects are in more than one playlist. By default, the "import from library" process puts all imported objects into playlist 1. Part of the import process is to select the destination playlist(s). If you want to put the objects into ONLY playlist 2, you must both un-check the box for playlist 1 and check the box for playlist 2. If you leave playlist 1 checked (in addition to checking playlist 2), the objects will belong to both playlists. When scanning playlists 1 and 2, those objects will always display the alpha tag for playlist 1.

dxscannerman

When programing the scanner, the scanner will import everything into playlist 001 unless the user uncheck's its box, along with any other playlist selected.

I learned this the hard way too, took a couple days to figure out that this is what was happening all the time when I would re program, ( too some flustration #!!^%). Without a win based computer ( I use my laptop with sd card reader built in) it would be tough to have full control of the iSCAN programing software I would think. The use of the software makes it easy to view all your loaded information and in what banks the info is located. JUST MAKE SURE that you first import from the sd card to your computer- then do whatever adjustments you want to do in the playlist's- then Make Sure you export the new changed playlists BACK to the sd card before putting the sd card back in the 107 scanner. If you don't make sure to copy the changed info back to the sdcard you'll end up with the original programing and nothing gets changed. ( I did this acouple times till it donned on me what to do and by reading all the post's here on the 107.).. Good luck You'll eventually get it. :)

dxscannerman

You are Absolutely correct Don, this thing works great, once We figure out just how to program and set it up correctly. I have learned quite a bit about it over the past few days just from Your numerous posts on it. Thanks for all the excellent information, Kind of feels like your my personal tutor, Ha Thanks Blake
Merry Christmas !!

jerryhope

I have 3 playlists programmed, only one of them (001) gets hits, it doesn't seem to be scanning the other two. Is this normal? They are checked.
I purchased the Pro 107 Christmas Eve. So far this has been a POS I exchanged the first one because it did not perform..
The newer one is better, but still inferior to my Pro-96 and my Pro 2096.. I can receive signals on the two older units BEFORE the 107 starts to receive IF it receives at all.. for example, I will hear 402 to headquarters on the older units, then the Pro107 will kick in and it starts with 2 to headquarters, the first word or two are lost I turned delay off to see if it helps, it did not..
I am monitoring a Motorola Trunking system for Caddo Parish, La...

Also programed Louisiana State Police into Playlist 4, I am aware of the playlist 001 default, the programming is in 004 only.. I have most of the talkgroups programmed and have NEVER heard a word on that play list.. I have done it and cleared it and redone it til I am blue in the face, no joy here..

I have several issues so please bear with me- and try to address all concerns if possible..

Question is it possible to save one or more configurations as can be done with win96 ??

I was able to program and use some conventional frqs yesterday when I traveled to El Dorado, Ark, seemed to work OK, BUT you do not know what you are missing unless you have another scanner as well..
I do miss calls on the pro 107, that my other scanner or my Motorola handheld talkie receive..

I can key up the handheld across the room and the scanner will hear the key up about 3 out of 5 times.. I realize that if the talkie is too close, it may over load the discriminator so I do not put too much into that test..

I hope some of you guhrus can help sort this out or this little dumpling is going back for a refund.. Also battery life sucks with or without backlight.. I get about 4 hrs on 2500 Mah Ni-mh

Thanks

Jerry

Status
Not open for further replies.