Pro107 screen totally blank!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nanZor

I think I just blew up my 20-minute old Pro107 iScan. :(

Being familiar with my PSR500, I picked up a refurb 107 on an impulse buy to have some fun. About 10 minutes of normal scanning - checking the thing out it was time to upgrade...

Software installed fine, updated the database, and then came time to do the firmware upgrade. Followed the instructions to the letter, and when plugging in the proprietary cable - BINK! Dead screen.

Proceeded to do the firmware update in the blind with no problems. Still no screen text afterwards.

Must be a contrast thing! Nope - even loading a different config in the blind to the card, and turning beep levels up, led's off (which worked!), the display still remains blank.

Bummer - 20 mins is now my personal best for blowing up a piece of gear. Looks like it's going back unless someone knows the trick to this.

I'm still reading / searching the forums for blank screens in tears. Well, not tears, but an expensive lesson learned. :)

BTW, that little grey stubbie antenna - put it on a Comet analyzer, and it seems VERY narrowly resonant at 160 mhz, and 470 mhz. And I was so looking forward to upgrading that! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

KC5EIB

Feed Provider
I think I just blew up my 20-minute old Pro107 iScan. :(

Being familiar with my PSR500, I picked up a refurb 107 on an impulse buy to have some fun. About 10 minutes of normal scanning - checking the thing out it was time to upgrade...

If the REFERB came from Radio Shack, it has a 1 year parts and labor warranty

Status
Not open for further replies.