Pro160 Need help with PL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
I have an old Radio Shack Pro160. It has freqs in it. How do I enter a PL tone for the existing freq? Any help appreciated

How do I enter a PL tone for the existing freq? Any help appreciated
From the Manual:

"setting CTCSS/DCS
Turning this option on lets the scanner search for CTCSS/DCS tones. If the scanner
detects the tone, it displays the tone’s frequency and DCS code.
To turn on or off CTCSS/DCS feature, press FUNC then CL/CTCSS/DCS. On the
scanner’s displays, ”CTCSS/DCS ON” or “CTCSS/DCS OFF” appear for 1 second.
Note:
When CTCSS/DCS is ON in Scan Mode or Manual Mode, the scanner works according to
setting of channel. Or when CTCSS/DCS is ON in Chain Search or Fine Tune or Signal
Stalker, the scanner searches CTCSS/DCS code. This feature apply to the FM only."

wtp

1. Press ENT/PGM to put the scanner in programming mode.
2. Enter the channel number where you want to store a CTCSS/DCS code. If you make a mistake, press CL repeatedly until the display is cleared.
3. Press MAN to advance the channel.
4. Press FUNC, and then press CL/CTCSS/DCS to put the scanner in program CTCSS/DCS CODE mode.
5. Press ? or ? to select a CTCSS/DCS code. CTCSS/DCS code flashes. The CTCSS/DCS code is changed below: NO TONE -> CT 67.0 -> ... -> CT 254.1 -> DCS 023 -> ... -> DCS 754 -> CODE SRCH -> NO TONE -> CT 67.0 -> ...
6. Press ENT/PGM to store the CTCSS/DCS code.

and that is from

Rudy3145

Feed Provider
Thanks W i saw this online. Problem is, step 5. The question marks... I dont know what that means and there are no ? on my scanner LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.