pro163 arc300 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilhelm1234

My instructions show that after importing frequencies there is a tab to "CREATE SYSTEM" however I am unable to find that screen, If I upload the info directly to scanner the info shows up in the scanner but all I get is noise. I am unable to find any # to call for support. 1800scanner does not seem to provide an option for "human to human support"

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If 'all you get is noise' there are a couple of possibilities. Since we can't see where you are (county/state is fine) nor what you are trying to import, it's equally possible that you're trying to import a digital trunk system (that can't be monitored with a 163), something that's encrypted (which no scanner can handle), or not importing an analog trunk system properly

A little more information will help others give you the help you need...Mike

Wilhelm1234

pro 163

I am in ohio and am trying to load the summit county regional system which is an analog Motorola smartnet . I am about ready to give up probably have invested 15-20 hours to this not to mention the worthless software I have purchased (Scanner Pro, arc 300) memberships etc. probably another hundred. Any help appreciated Thanks, Willy

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
I am in ohio and am trying to load the summit county regional system which is an analog Motorola smartnet . I am about ready to give up probably have invested 15-20 hours to this not to mention the worthless software I have purchased (Scanner Pro, arc 300) memberships etc. probably another hundred. Any help appreciated Thanks, Willy

If it's this system...

Summit County Regional 800 Radio Trunking System, Various, Ohio - Scanner Frequencies

A lot (most?) of those talkgroups are digital.

Which specific agency are you wanting to listen to?

Wilhelm1234

pro 163

Boston Heights, Peninsula (PPD) and stow. I didn't think it was digital I thought Radioreference listed it as "Motorola Smartnet 2 analog

KevinC

Other
Super Moderator
Boston Heights, Peninsula (PPD) and stow. I didn't think it was digital I thought Radioreference listed it as "Motorola Smartnet 2 analog

It lists Boston Heights/Peninsula and Stow as being digital.

The system is listed as...

System Type: Motorola Type II SmartZone
System Voice: Analog and APCO-25 Common Air Interface

With APCO-25 Common Air Interface meaning digital.

Wilhelm1234

pro 163

Well Kevin when something reads "Analog" I assume its analog . Thanks for saving me more effort and money, Do you know if a digital scanner will monitor that freq. or is it one of the stealth systems?

N8IAA

Well Kevin when something reads "Analog" I assume its analog . Thanks for saving me more effort and money, Do you know if a digital scanner will monitor that freq. or is it one of the stealth systems?

If you click on the link, it comes up with analog and p-25. Most all of the TGID's are 'D'igital.
And yes, a scanner that receives P-25 digital systems, will work on the Summit county system.
But, you may want to check out the Ohio state forum for more info on the system.
Larry

Wilhelm1234

new digital scanner

Ok, I am the proud owner of a new 996xt however it still hasn't arrived, when it does it is my understanding that I can program Motorola smartzone 2 by simply entering control frequency (s)and it will do the rest First of all is it really that simple and if it is should I enter ALL control freqs.or only one (my data shows 3 or 4 different ones?)

Status
Not open for further replies.