Pro163 Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Para078

Premium Subscriber
I've got a 163 that the display has gone blank. It did it after sitting in the car all summer. Itis done this before but now it wont display anything. My Uniden 785 D has done the same thing.

The backlight works, but no characters display. Is this gonna be a send it in repair?

DickH

I've got a 163 that the display has gone blank. It did it after sitting in the car all summer. Itis done this before but now it wont display anything. My Uniden 785 D has done the same thing.

The backlight works, but no characters display. Is this gonna be a send it in repair?

Did you check the brightness setting? Page 14.

Para078

Premium Subscriber
Occasionally the characters will appear then disappear. I haven't changed the brightness/contrast settings.

joetnymedic

Feed Provider
If the display keeps getting exposed to extreme temperatures they eventually will give out. If you look in your owners manual as well as the specs for the scanner you should see minimum and maximum temperatures the unit should be exposed to. Go outside of those constantly and eventually the unit will break

apd3190

I don't know about the 163 but my 785D did the same thing. Opened it up unplugged the screen and put it back together. Haven't had a problem since.

Status
Not open for further replies.