Pro197 Control Channels Confusing

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterScan40

When I'm in the TUNE search, I found 5-6 control channels all get 99% on reception. Are they bleed over from control channels? These are after a main control channel. I was using a PRO2096 - now I'm using a PRO197. The 96 can't get the control channels in but the 197 can... This does this after 866.8625 and 866.2375 control channel frequencies that have each 5-6 control chanels. Not in Radioreference frequency guide. Do I program them in the 197?

Also the new found frequencies are not in the public safety search - only in TUNE. When I push STORE - they program in as a WILDCARD. Is this right? If so, should I have this many WILDCARDS? HELP!?!

Awesomeman92

Premium Subscriber
What I do is if I get a new control channel, program it into a new system, and get the information and site #. That's really the only way to tell what they are and where they're coming from. My guess is just bleed over, the 197 has major front end overload issues. As far as it programming in as a "wildcard," I'm not really clear on what that means. Mine does the same thing though. The only thing I can figure is that it doesn't program with a tone attached, so it's just letting everything through? That's my best guess.

DickH

We need to know which system you are monitoring. State?, county?, city?

Status
Not open for further replies.